Chapter 30

Muntaha was lightly carressing her husband's head when he groaned lightly and grabbed her hand. She got startled when his hand moved from the pillow to her hand and she felt his extremely warm hand on her cold one.

Muntaha was thinking whether she should free her hand or not when all of a sudden he tugged at her hand and she got pulled on the bed. Faris held her waist tightly and put his head on her stomach. She got flustered when his stuble grazed her stomach through the shirt as her dupatta fell off her on the chair she was previously sitting on. She tried to gently move back Faris and untangle his arms from around her but he only tightened his hold and grumbled under his breath.

"Stop moving."

"Faris." When she couldn't move that mountain of muscle from her, she retorted to waking him up as it was already time for lunch. But her husband dearest was in no mood to wake up.

"Faris, get up." She shook him a little and he moved back a little slightly sitting up against his elbows.

"What...Oh, wifey! I missed you so much." Faris half-opened his eyes to look why his pillow was shaking him but got excited on seeing his wife instead and slumped himself on her.

Muntaha got shocked when Faris sprawled himself on her in his drowsy state. He was still under the effect of the drugs because he would never call her 'wifey' in his right mind neither crush her in his embrace like this. She was trying to come out of the shocked and flustered state when Faris started to tug at the hem of her shirt.

"Hey, why do have this on?" He asked her with a pout and confusion in his eyes.

"I-uh...." Muntaha didn't know how to answer that question but she didn't need to answer it as Faris already raised her shirt a little trying to pull it off.

"Take it off."

"Faris, no!" Muntaha yelled grabbing his hand and stopping him from doing that. Faris got startled on the sudden yell and stopped his movements.

"But...but doesn't it tingle?" He slurred a little with a frown and confusion written on his face.

"Huh?" Muntaha's heart was trying its best to break her ribcage with the speed it was beating and even for the love of God she couldn't understand what the hell he was trying to say.

"Shirts feel tingly tingly. You know like when they touch you and then they don't but then they touch you again." He said leaving his attempts to pull at her shirt and placing his head on Muntaha's chest while looking up at her face with a slight pout on his face. This up-close she could see even in the dim lights that his eyes were slightly red. And she couldn't understand how can he look so innocent even in this compromising position.

"You know, like this." His hand which was already clutching the side hem of her shirt moved under it and his fingers glided over her bare stomach making goose-bumps run all over her body.

"Far-Faris, stop. Uh-It...my shirt...It is not tingly tingly." She held his hand which was making weird patterns on her stomach and tried to move it away.

"Really? I should wear your shirt then. I am cold and my shirts are tingly tingly." Faris said with an excited expression like he has sloved one of the millennium equations and tried to pull at her shirt again.

"But-but it won't fit you na." Muntaha was trying her best not to get flustered and to untangle herself from this compromising postion and move away from him but it seemed impossible as Faris had so leisurely slumped almost half of himself on her with his hands around her stomach, head on her chest and legs a tangled mess. She was praying no one walks in on them like this or she'll melt with embarrassment.

"I swear, I am not fat! I-I go to the gym five times a week. And I can do three hundred push-ups non-stop. And I run every morning. And-and...uh, yeah you can see for yourself." He looked so hurt at appearing unattractive to his wife that he blurted everything that came to his mind to make her believe him and then grabbed her hand -which was trying to hold his in place and not letting it wander anywhere- and placed it on his bare stomach. Muntaha tried her best not to look down but she could feel the outline of his abs under her fingers and her cheeks looked like tomatoes with all the blushing. Also, his skin felt a little less warm meaning the medications were doing their work and his fever was going down. Now, she just has to escape this awkward situation and make him sleep for a while so that the drowsiness of the drugs wear off.

"Right. Uh-You...I think you should sleep now. Yeah, lets make you sleep." Muntaha moved her hand away from his stomach, her conscience yelling at her for not enjoying this hunk more but she just asked her to shut up and untangled herself from him moving his head to the pillow and his hands on his own stomach.

"But my tummy feels empty. I cannot sleep like this." He again pouted his lips and rubbed his 'tummy' and Muntaha giggled a little at the comical sight of a grown man behaving like a child.

"Okay. I'll bring lunch and then you can sleep." She said with a smile and tried to get up but he stopped her by clasping her wrist and tugging her towards him, placing his head on her lap.

"Stay with me, wifey. I don't want you to go." He muttered lightly, hugging her waist.

"But how will we eat then? I am hungry also."

"You're hungry?" He asked looking up at her.

"Yeah." She replied, tugging her hairstrands back which were falling on his face.

"You're tummy also feels empty?" He asked poking her stomach and she jumped a little and replied with a flusterred 'yes'.

"Okay then. We can have lunch." He said and moved off of her. He tried to get up from the bed but Muntaha stopped him as she knew he would feel dizzy.

"I'll bring the food here. And uh-maybe you can put on a shirt till then." She said getting up from the bed and taking the grey shirt lying on his dresser towards him. It was difficult to concentrate on taking care of a well-built half-naked man who happens to be your husband. Really difficult.

"No! I told you I don't like tingly shirts." He said with a frown, glaring at the tingly shirt in her hand.

"Uh-okay." She put the shirt back and went to the kitchen to make something to eat.

She brought the food the lady, Nausheen Khala, had already prepared. They quitely had lunch-well not so quietly as Faris made her feed him and kept blabbering about anything and everything- and Muntaha made him sleep after that.

She went home in the evening after Abdullah came back but she definitely planned on teasing her oh-so-lovely husband about his tingly shirts.

Author's Note
A short chapter. The (most probably) second last one except the epilogue. You guys asked me to write their scenes together so.... yeah.

Tell me did you like the chapter?

Please vote.

Muntaha | ✔ जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें