Chapter 26

"And it's done!"

The bubbly girl who was the beautician called to do the ladies' makeup said after giving some final touches to Muntaha's makeup. She was a young girl of twenty-four who talked non-stop while doing the makeup and kept her entertained. Muntaha got up from the chair she was sitting on and looked in the mirror. She had shimery golden eye makeup which brought out the golden specks in her green eyes with winged eyeliner and thick lashes complimented by deep red lipstick and light blush-on. The highliter was giving her face a glow. Her hair perfectly framed her face in loose curls. This is exactly what she asked the beautician to do.

"Thankyou. It's perfect."

"No problem, girly. I didn't have to do much, you have naturally pretty features." She chirped in response and started packing her stuff. Muntaha's head was still hazy due to her encounter with Faris and the money he gave was still clutched in her hand. She had this thought again and again which was making her restless. When Faris saw her, she had no makeup on and her hair was a wet mess. He still looked at her like she is the most beautiful sight he has ever seen. Muntaha knew she had pretty eyes and nice hair but thats it. Those were the only features she thought were impressive. But the way Faris looked at her made her feel like she is the most beautiful girl in the world. And surprisingly, she liked that feeling. Now, she was in reverie that what if he doesn't like all this makeup on her face. This is the first time she has worn so much makeup and that too such a bold look.

'What if he thinks I look over?' She thought, her smile dropping.

She quickly wore her jewellery consisting of heavy gold jhumkas and her arms filled with glass bangles. She tied the anklets Faris bought her and the beautician helped her with setting the duppata properly on her shoulder.

The beautician left after helping her and Muntaha stood infront of the dresser trying to spot any errors if she could.

The door knocked and Aqsa Zayyad came in with a velvet box in her hand. She looked at Muntaha and exclaimed, "MaShaAllah! You are looking very beautiful."

"So are you, Aunt-I mean Ma." Muntaha replied with a smile. Her mother-in-law was so beautiful that she didn't even need the layers of makeup to look good. She noticed that Faris got his eyes and nose from his mother. She was definitely a pakhtoon beauty.

"I actually came to give you something, Beta." Aqsa opened the black velvet box and revealed the intricate gold bangles making Muntaha gasp lightly.

" Aqsa opened the black velvet box and revealed the intricate gold bangles making Muntaha gasp lightly

"Beautiful." She murmured in a whisper.

"My mother-in-law gave these to me when Faris was born. These are our khandani kangan. She wasn't very happy to have me as a daughter-in-law, but after the birth of Aiman she melted a bit. And after the birth of Faris she finally accepted me wholeheartedly and gave me these." She said carressing the gold bangles and seemed in a daze, maybe relishing those moments.