Chapter 17

wherever life plants you,bloom with grace

bloom with grace.

~

"Muntaha?"

Muntaha was sitting on her white study table with her hair open and one of her hands clicking a pen and the other twirling a strand of her raven on a bright sunday afternoon when her mother knocked on her bedroom door and entered.

"Jee, Ammi?" She answered turning around.

"Your Chachi called me this morning. They invited us for lunch today since your Chachu wanted to talk about something."

"Is everything okay?" Muntaha asked, getting a bit worried.

"I hope so, love. Now get up and offer Asar paryer then start getting ready."

"Okay, Ammi." Muntaha said fiddling with the chain around her neck, a habit she had grown over the past week after coming back from Swat.

"Beautiful necklace. Swat se layi thi?" The shining pendant caught her mother's eyes and she asked touching the pendant.

"Yeah." Muntaha replied, technically she wasn't lying.

"Okay. Now get up fast." Umayyah Saleem left the room after kissing her daughter's head.

It has been almost a week and a half since she came back from the trip. She tried the necklace on, after she came back to her room that night on the day when she returned back, and didn't take it off again except when she had to go to the bathroom since it had a Quranic verse written on it. She felt an unknown inclination towards the necklace. She had several encounters with Faris as she had become friends with Amna, Armaan and others but they both had not addressed the elephant in the room yet.

She quickly did her ablution and offered her prayers. Then she went to her wardrobe to decide on what to wear. She ended up wearing a pastel green dress with golden dove-shaped studs and ofcourse the necklace with pastel pink ballet flats.

 She ended up wearing a pastel green dress with golden dove-shaped studs and ofcourse the necklace with pastel pink ballet flats