Chapter 23

the trouble with trouble is,it starts out as fun

it starts out as fun

~

The function was coming to an end as it was almost one in the morning. Only the immidiate family was still present who were staying over and others had gone back home. The ladies were still playing dholki with singing and men were having light conversations. Muntaha was sitting with the ladies when her phone pinged in her hand. She had a text message.

'Come outside. Waiting for you.'

'Why is Faris asking me to come outside at this time?' She thought with confusion but still got up and went outside to see why her husband was calling her.

Faris was leaning against his car with hands folded over his chest making his biceps quite visible for his wife to drool over. He was still wearing the black shalwar kameez from before but without the waist coat with the sleeves rolled up to his elbows. He stood a little straighter when he saw Muntaha approaching. Muntaha had taken off all the jewellery as it was getting difficult to carry it but she still looked beautiful to him as ever.

تمہیں اس لیے پسند نہیں کرتے کیونکہ تم پیارے ہو
تمہیں پسند کرتے ہیں اس لیے تم پیارے لگتے ہو

She didn't say anything but her eyes conveyed her question. He ignored the question in her eyes and opened the car door.

"Sit." He said gesturing at the front seat.

Muntaha didn't comply and just raised her eyebrow at him. He left the door open and took out the brown shawl Muntaha left in his car. He went towards and drapped it over her shoulders. His action spoke volumes to her which words might not be able to.

"I don't like to repeat myself, Muntaha." He said wrapping the shawl properly.

Muntaha never trusted people so easily but from the start her heart trusted Faris. And afterall, he was her husband. She should trust him. She sat in the car and did her seatbelt, blushing lightly when she rememberred the day she forgot to do her seatbelt and Faris leaned over to do it for her. Faris noticed the blush painting her cheeks but didn't understand why she was blushing. Maybe it was because of the cold. Anyways, her cheeks are pink all the time, he thought.

He started the car and they drove out. Muntaha remained quite for a while, waiting for him to tell her but when she realised he isn't going to say anything anytime soon she questioned him.

"Where are we going?"

"You'll see." He turned to look at her while answering and then turned back to the road. Muntaha wanted to look all badass like him acting like she didn't care but the curiosity was killing her.

'Is he taking me to celebrate new year privately.' She thought. They all had celebrated new year an hour ago when the clock ticked to 12 o'clock but they both didn't get the chance to wish eachother. Maybe he is not the angry young man Muntaha was taking him to be.