Cannes

Selena was looking down as her phone was going off. She kneeled down and picked it up seeing it was an unknown number. She felt her heart racing and dropping down to her stomach at the same time. She slowly hit the talk button as she slowly put her phone to her ear. "H-Hell—" she cleared her throat as it was a little shaky and it cracked "Hello?" She was waiting to hear his soft voice through the other line but instead she didn't. "Hello Selena, this is Scott known as Kid Cudi." Selena was a little sad that it wasn't Abel but was happy it was Scott. "I heard you've been trying to get in touch with me because you want me to join you on a track. I heard your verse to your song 'A Sweeter Place' and would like to in form you that I would love work with you on the track."

"That means so much to me Scott. I was about to have no features but I've been wanting to work with you for awhile now. This means so much, I have no words besides thank you."

Selena's POV

It was great speaking to Scott though I was hoping it was Abel but I was probably overreacting

It was great speaking to Scott though I was hoping it was Abel but I was probably overreacting.. I was off to Cannes to promote "The Dead Don't Die" which was a fun experience to reunite with the cast.

"Selena how's everything with you?" Austin asked her. "Everything is great, thank you. How is everything with you and Vanessa?" He smiled when she said his long term girlfriends name. "Everything is good between us" he continued to smile. "I better get invited to the wedding" she joked as they both laughed. "Trust me there won't be a wedding if you're not invited." "Selena" Luka walked to her with his arms opened as she hugged him. "It's great to see you" she said as she felt him hug her back. "It's great to see you to."

While they were on the red carpet Luka and Selena talked a little. "I didn't tell you this earlier but you look good" they posed and talked. "Thank you" she kept smiling for the cameras. "You're welcome so did you hear the news?" He mumbled to her. "What news?" He told her how Abel broke up with Bella back in New York and has been trying to contact her which made Selena shocked. "Selena!" The camera men shouted. "We want a picture with Selena" Selena was stunned as she posed for pictures.