Prologue

There are six Kingdoms in the Northwestern region of the world: Rerimas, Cadaekin, Relabeth, Cadomia, Rhyc, and Ciremeth. A decade of peace between vampire and human populations is the pride of the Royal Court who governs them. 

The Queens of Cadomia and Rerimas share a deep bond. Not only are they in neighboring Kingdoms, but their children are both ten years of age and nearly inseparable. Princess Axelia [Ex-hail-ia] of Cadomia and Prince Leonidas [Leon-idas] of Rerimas have a friendship so genuine that their parents and Royal Court anticipate they will become a power couple in the Northwestern region. A marriage between the two will further strengthen bonds of peace considering Axelia is human and Leonidas is vampire. 

When King Davian of Rerimas loses control of his thirst and attacks Queen Hedvika of Cadomia in front of everyone at the Royal Court's celebration ceremony, she dies, and the peace is severed. King Valerio of Cadomia beheads him before Queen Ida and the young Prince, but his death alone isn't enough. King Valerio desires to kill Prince Leonidas ensuring the demise of Rerimas. 

The Royal Court rebukes King Valerio's declaration and works alongside Queen Ida to restore peace between the two Kingdoms. They promise to extend protection to Rerimas in place of King Davian until Prince Leonidas marries and becomes King. He is kept under strict supervision and away from Cadomia. When he asks his mother about Princess Axelia, he gets informed that the Royal Court and King Valerio erased her memory after she fell into a deep depression. 

At the age of eighteen, the Prince receives more freedom. He finds time to sneak into the Nero Forest and spy on Cadomia. There, he overhears knights discuss plans to invade Rerimas to kill him. In response, he permits groups of his vampire citizens to raid and feed on Cadomian villagers. These are the families of King Valerio's army and the attacks discourage the knights from acting on their plans.

For the first six months of the weekly raids, Prince Leonidas only observes the attacks. Upon the seventh month, a Cadomian Calvary unit begins to fight back. Its warriors pursue the Reriman citizens into the forest in hopes of killing them before they can return to their home. To protect his people, Prince Leonidas intervenes. 

His strength and abilities enable him to take down the knights with ease. The fights become a sport to him until he crosses a warrior who refuses to fall. In a one on one match against this dagger throwing knight, he finally breaks a sweat. It isn't until the warrior trips over a rock and stumbles into his arms at such a speed that their helmet flies off that the Prince comes face to face with Princess Axelia again.

Axelia believes the death of Leonidas is the only way to restore peace. She continues to fight him for the next six years with every intention of killing him. A few times she has come close but can never seem to deliver the fatal strike.

Leonidas fights to protect his Kingdom but has no intention of bringing harm to her. Despite her threatening demeanor he knows she is incapable of killing him. He knows the reasons why she won't.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Thank you for checking out my new book! Hope you enjoy.

Image: map of the Northwestern Region and the six Kingdoms.