Chapter 56: I Do

MidnightMusical

Prince Leonidas

"Ow," I wince after Ely pinches my skin trying to adjust my tie.

"I'm sorry, there is a lot of pressure on me right now. Can't you see my eyes are sweating?" he sniffs just as it finally settles against my suit properly.

He's been a mess all morning because I told him about Axelia visiting her mother's grave. Being an orphan himself, I suppose it touched him she would choose to spend the night if her wedding there.

"Elytis," I softly chuckle, "between the two of you I'm going to start crying. Please, pull yourself together."

Koa and Miliano join us a moment later to remind me of the schedule and order of things while Maynard and Herakles go to check on how much time we have left before the ceremony.

"How are you feeling?" Koa asks when he notices Ely's runny nose.

"I've been waiting for this day for nearly thirteen years," I sigh, trying to dilute the excitement causing my heart to fluctuate rhythms. "I don't think there is a word possibly of describing how I feel," I confess, which makes them cross their arms and exchange pleased looks.

"I think that's how it is supposed to be," Miliano grins and pats a hand on one of my shoulders. "She will see it in your eyes."

"Leonidas!" Alec's voice exclaims before he nearly explodes through the door. "Oh good, you're still here," he then composes himself. "I just wanted to make sure Elytis didn't mess anything up." Behind him, Ely scowls but is ignored as Alec pulls up a chair to stand on before fixing some strands of my hair and readjusting my tie.

"Rude little..." Ely murmurs under his breath until Koa and Miliano escort him from the room, allowing space for Farouk to step inside the small office space.

"Alec, aren't you supposed to be in charge of the rings?" he inquires, and Alec pouts.

"Yeah, but I always dress him."

"He looks well-suited to me," he chuckles and then holds the door open gesturing for Alec to excuse himself.

Turning back to me, Alec narrows his eyes in a poor attempt to appear threatening. "Don't touch anything. There isn't a wrinkle in sight or hair out of place, so I will be able to tell if you do."

Once he clears the doorway, Farouk shuts it and takes a seat in the chair Alec was using to stand on. "You nervous?" he wonders.

Quirking a brow, I shake my head. "This is all I've ever wanted," I disclose, and the sentimental words makes my voice crack. "Her." Clearing my throat, I turn to face a mirror impressed by how much more elegant I appear after Alec's little fixes.

"From boy to man," Farouk exhales a deep sigh. "You kept your vow to him. I am forever impressed by your will as I know he would have been."

My gaze averts to the floor at the mention of my father.

It's not that I hate him; though, for a time I did. I just wish he hadn't killed her mother. The way she cried last night broke me. I wanted to be angry towards him, but Axelia's mourning reminded me of how much I actually wish he was here, too.

"He would be absolutely stunned by the man you've become; a man with heart." Farouk rises from his seat and turns me around to poke at my chest. "You'll make an exceptional husband for your bride. No one better for her exists."

Pursing my lips, I have to quickly swipe away a tear using one of my wrists before it can drip onto Ely and Alec's masterpiece. "Thank--" my sentence is cut short when he pulls me into a bear hug with a chuckle.