Chapter 21: Pure

You_can_call_me_C

Prince Leonidas

It's midnight and Cassius allows the guests to stay in various rooms of the palace. My request for one with a terrace is graciously accepted although it only continues to anger a few of the Kings.

As I sulk around my room, thoughts about Axelia begin to torment me again, stirring nerves that cause my hormones to flare. I've always found her attractive but never to the extent of imagining her bare body beneath me.

Sex.

I've honestly never put so much thought into it until this year. It's becoming more difficult to refrain from indulging in acts of self-pleasure to relieve my begging anatomy.

Maybe I should reconsider the Princesses from today.

Axelia doesn't want me anything more or less than dead. She isn't going to change her mind about it. It's possible I've just been wasting time. Honestly, there could be another I am meant to be with instead.

What a bothersome thought.

Thankfully, a gentle knock silences my inner dialogue. I'm more than eager to open it, needing a distraction.

I tug open the thick wooden door with ease just enough to see who it is and meet eyes with Princess Beryl. She's from a Southwestern region's kingdom of vampires who are most known for their mining industry and military training camps.

She wears a lace black gown that stops above her knees and clings to her figure, which is tall, full and abundantly curvaceous. Her skin is white as snow and golden, blonde hair, pulled back in a single braid that nearly touches the floor. Thick, bushy eyebrows define her cheekbones and deepen her large blue eyes.

"Good evening, your Grace," she gives a courtesy.

Respectfully, I greet her with a bow of my own before rising to my natural height and glancing around behind her.

It's nearly midnight, and though our kind isn't accustomed to sleeping under the moon's watch, Cassius insisted we remain in our rooms until sunrise. His effort to protect the humans who reside here in the Palace.

"Are you alright?" I ask, confused as to why she is here and alone. "Do you need something?"

Perhaps she got lost.

A tint of red paints her cheeks as she bashfully drops her gaze to the floor. "I thought what you said earlier was very noble and kind," she begins, speaking with an accent that connects every word with an allure. Then, she glances over her bare shoulders into the pitch black hall nervously. I take a look, too, but there is no one around.

"May I join you? It's a little lonely out here."

Before I can answer, she steps forward as though I'll oblige, but only to bump into my arm which blocks her entrance.

Her breath catches as she stumbles back a little.

"If there is a matter you want to discuss, it can be said here or not at all."

Biting her lower lip, she rubs one of her arms before gazing up at me from under her thick, bold eyelashes. "What I want doesn't require words at all, your Grace," she whispers, shoving me into the room until I fall backwards on a long couch.

I hear the door shut and sit up, but can't get far before she moves in a blur planting herself on my lap. Nesting. Nuzzling her hips against mine and rubbing her heat over my groin.

Narrowing my eyes to a glare, I attempt to push her off, only for the woman to bare her inch long fangs in my face while digging her nails into my collarbone as she holds me hostage by pinning my shoulders to the cushions.