30

I woke up the next morning to a buzzing phone and a warm arm around me. It took me a few seconds to register my surroundings, but when I was finally conscious, I noticed that Lucas was fast asleep next to me, his arm draped over my waist in his sleep.

I slowly slithered out from under his touch, then picked up my phone that wouldn't stop buzzing. I glanced down, silently hoping it was Jason, but found it was Addy instead.

"Hello," I answered, my voice still thick with sleep.

"Goodmorning, sleepyhead! It's 7:30, where are you and Lucas? We're supposed to be on our way to school!"

"Oh, crap!" I yelled. Not only had I completely forgotten that it was a school day, Lucas and I must've both slept through our alarms.

My yell woke up Lucas, who rolled over on my bed and groaned. "Shit, what time is it?"

"Wait, what the hell?" Addy said over the line. "Was that Lucas? Did you guys sleep in the same bed-"

"Bye, Addy," I interrupted her. "We'll see you in 10 minutes."

Lucas and I rushed to my bathroom, brushed our teeth and got dressed. I was glad Lucas had his uniform on yesterday, because we wouldn't have time for him to go home and change. When we were both presentable, we ran down the stairs and into the kitchen to grab anything to eat before we headed on our way.

Upon entering the kitchen, we were unfortunate enough to find my parents standing there, making out like two horny high schoolers. "Ew!" I whined.

The broke apart and my mom rolled her eyes at me. "Leila, just because you're not being kissed doesn't mean no one else should be either," she joked.

"Ouch mom, I need some ice for that burn."

"I don't have ice, but would poptarts do?" she asked.

"Tal, she should be having a healthy breakfast," my dad said. "Stop feeding her that crap."

My mom ignored him and tossed us each a bag of the delicious, over-processed sugary goodness. "Now hurry up, you two. You're going to be late for school."

She was right, so Lucas and I sprinted out to his car, leaving my parents to bicker about the importance of healthy eating.

We pulled up to Addy's house first, finding her waiting outside for our arrival. She got in quickly, ushering for Lucas to rush and drive away as she did. I noticed she had her hair straightened again, but I didn't comment on it this time.

We got to Jason's in record time. When he was in the car, we all breathed a sigh of relief at how well we had done in regards to timing - we were not going to be late to school today.

"So, how was your little sleepover last night?" Addy asked, wiggling her eyebrows at Lucas and I.

"We were just hanging out and ended up falling asleep, Addy," Lucas rolled his eyes at his twin sister.

I quickly glanced back at Jason to gauge his reaction. If he had reacted to that, I couldn't tell since he was looking out of the window, his face out of view.

I wasn't expecting Jason to react per se, but I did expect that if a guy liked a girl and he discovered she had slept next to another guy all night, he would be slightly jealous. Not that it was good for a guy to be jealous, but did Jason even care enough to? I had no clue if what happened last night meant anything to him at all.

When we got to school we headed towards our lockers before first period. I was rummaging through mine looking for my English textbook when I felt a hand brush my back. I turned quickly to see who it was and saw Jason walking away, a smirk on his face.