forty-seven

Aria

Aria

Over the remaining course of the summer, Leo and I manage to complete the bucket list, minus a few things that were personally written by Leon. It hurts every time I see the "Marry Eliza" option, but I like to remind myself that one day, they'll be together again. Bouncing back and forth between work, training, dating, and completing the bucket list was difficult to do, but we managed. And we had a lot of fun while doing so. I think my favourite adventure was hiking the train wreck loop with Leo, Scarlett, Lauren, and Kolby. Of course, we didn't tell them why we were doing it. After a short discussion, Leo and I decided it would be best to keep the bucket list to ourselves. Despite it belonging to Leon, it's Leo and I's personal gem. 

The morning of the day Leo is set to depart back to New Brunswick with his mom, I wake up early, before anyone else is up, and raid their kitchen. A month ago, this would have felt wrong. Now? Now it feels as though I'm part of their family. Even Clara has eased up a bit on her fangirling. She's leaving two days after Leo and Eliza, and I've agreed to invite her along to dinner with Scarlett, me, and Lauren tomorrow night. Leo tells me I'm making a big mistake, jokingly, of course. The two of them, although they seem dysfunctional, have a very sweet relationship. 

I'm planning on making a big breakfast for Leo and his family, along with my family, whom I've invited over to join us. I had originally planned on making dinner reservations to one of the restaurants that was on Leon's bucket list, but Leo and Eliza's flight got in the way of that. So breakfast is the next best thing. I had considered us all going out for lunch, but Leo and I want to spend the day at Lost Lake and relax before he has to leave. 

The first thing I get started on for breakfast is the pancake batter. I know Jax and Benn are probably going to yell at me for making pancakes as opposed to making waffles, but that's what they get for not taking my hint and coming to help me make breakfast. Those two have always been early birds, and God knows they're awake right now, working out at the gym or something to that effect. It's pathetic that they couldn't come and help me. 

I'm planning on making a huge breakfast with all the works: sausage, poached eggs, waffles, hash browns, bacon, chopped-up fruit, and hollandaise sauce. Although Leo isn't a big fan of breakfast, I know he likes the works every once in a while. I hope he's surprised when he wakes up both by the breakfast and my family coming over to join us. For the past couple of weeks, everyone has been hanging out together, playing heated games of Monopoly, bocce ball, and drinking wine together. As it turns out, Eliza and Tenille are relentless when it comes to competing, which makes watching the two of them team up against Dad and Aunty Kate most entertaining to watch. Entertainment aside, it's been a lot of fun watching our families interact. Everyone gets along great, which is something rare, according to Scarlett and Lauren. 

Speaking of Scarlett...just as I'm slipping the pancakes into the oven to stay warm, my phone goes off. And, when I pick it up, I see Scarlett's name. I answer it without hesitation.