Who cares about romance, I'm cold.

You were curled up on the sofa, staring into the ceiling. It had been two hours since Alex said "Just five minutes love, I'm almost done" and yet he was still cooped up near his piano, head buried deep in paper. He was scratching and scrawling something endlessly. You turn to look at him, his hands were clutching his hair in frustration. 

You finally decided it was enough. You yell across the room, "Al, pick it up tomorrow" He nods his head and went back to playing random notes on the piano. You glide over to where he was, wrap your hands around his neck and plant a soft kiss. He looks at you with tired eyes, you hold his hands and lead him to the couch "You've done plenty today, get some rest" 

"Can we watch something?" he murmurs. You smile, showcasing DVD in your hand "already ahead of you". After inserting the DVD in the player, you come and sit next to Alex. He wrapped an arm around your shoulders and pulled you close, gently rubbing your arm. Despite the heaviness in your stomach, it fluttered at the feeling of his body pressed against yours. You sink into the warmth of his side, appreciative of the simple gesture. His touch made the room warmer somehow, your future within its walls seeming a little less bleak. 

Halfway through the movie, Alex gets up and announces, "I'm rested, I'll complete the song" You groan, you loved Alex's music and nothing would make you happier than him writing a new album but he was stressed and he needed some time off from it desperately. Also, you were cold and Alex was keeping you warm. You raise your hands towards him, beckoning him to come back "Movie's only half done..." 

He just shrugs, "predictable ending" 

You sit up straight on the couch, glaring at him, "Come back here. I need my teddy" When there's no movement of his side, you sneered " Alex Turner, cuddle me. it's cold"

He looks at you with an amused expression on his face, giving out a little laugh "very romantic of you, demanding affection"

You cursed, "Who cares about romance, I'm cold" 

He walks towards you and sits on his knees, "how are you cold? it's like 25°C outside. You're also wearing your jumper and knee-length socks." You whisper, "I was used to your warmth beside me, don't make fun of me, I'll have you bring Nutella if you're being an ass" 

He kissed your hands lightly and snuggled up beside you. The two of you were tangled on the couch, literally. You head rested on the crook of his neck, so that he could feel your warm breath on his skin every time you spoke. Alex had wrapped his arms protectively around you. he slowly felt sleep creeping on him, he turned to look at you- who had already fallen asleep. He turned off the television and went to sleep with you on his shoulders. 

Next morning, you wake up to his beautiful face. He still had his arms wrapped around you, your heart swells in the thought that he was there all night. You decide to get up and make some breakfast for the two of you, but you can't as his hands were tightly clasping you. You try to move it aside, in the process waking him up. He struggles to open his eyes, mumbles "Where are you going?" 

"Breakfast. Leave me" you kiss his forehead. 

He wraps his hands, even more, tighter around your waist, you giggle "What're you doing?" He gazes deep into your eyes and whispers "cuddles" 

You try getting out of his grasp, reply in a cheeky tone "there's a fine line between cuddling and holding someone down so they can't get away"

"no, I'm never letting you go" he snuggles closer to you. you give up and melt in his warm embrace.