you lost me at the mall last week!

you jam your key down the keyhole and open the door, sneak in the room as slowly as possible. Dropping your jacket and shoes around the corner you squint your eyes across the dark bedroom to find your boyfriend fast asleep.

how adorable. you thought while tossing the keys on the counter you went and sleep on the bed beside your boyfriend silently trying not to wake him up. it was already late midnight. but as soon as you set yourself on the bed, he woke up.

"what! who- y/n. what're you doing? what time is it?"

Dammit! you forgot Alex was such a light sleeper.

"it's just me. it's late. go back to sleep baby" you cooed

"but weren't you supposed to sleepover at y/b/f's?" Alex asked groggily

"Uhm yeah, but I couldn't sleep. and I was missing you so" you reply. He just smiled at you and went back to sleep.

2:12 am

think good thoughts

3:15 am

Count sheep .... 549..550..551.. I give up.

4:32 am

argh! can't - fucking- sleep!

you notice Alex moving in his sleep. a slight disturbance means he's waking up, right? yes, he is up at five anyways. so why not now.

"babe, babe." you call out

he opens his eyes startled and his hands move towards the bed stand, trying to grab the alarm clock "I can't believe I didn't hear it go off again"

"well it didn't, it's not 5" you state

"what? y/n! then let me go to bed, why are you waking me in this ungodly hour?" he asked irritated

"it's not ungodly, sun is like 14% rising I'm sure and you'll wake up in half-hour anyway" you argue

"one minute in the morning makes all the difference" Alex says and turns his back towards you, trying to sleep again

"do you think sand is called sand cos it's in between land and sea?" you ask out of the blue he looks at you like you're bonkers and waits for further explanation. you stare back at him with that's-all-are-my-thoughts face.

after about a minute or two, "why is it that prison and jail are synonyms but jailer and prisoner are antonyms...BOOM?" she asks

"cause, English is weird fucking language" Alex groaned

"I thought you loved English" you wondered

"I thought I loved you too" he answers in a cheeky tone and bats his eyes towards you and you throw him a dirty look

"Al, what is your greatest fear?" you ask pondered in thoughts

"Uhm" he sits up straight, with his back against the bed and hugs you from the side. You grab a giant, squishy pillow and settle comfortably on his arm and wait for his answer. "I would have to say, losing you I guess"

you look at him in a funny way and taunted " You lost me at the mall last week!"

Alex laughs and defends himself "in my defence - the mall was a very big place and I don't do very well with crowds but you know what I mean..."

"yes, that's why millions of people come to see you innit? cos you're a terrible stage person " you laugh

"Okay, okay! what is your biggest fear then?" he challenges

"I don't know - vanishing from the face of earth without leaving any trace of evidence that you existed or did anything worthwhile or did anything good or valuable is pretty shameful and appalling" you repeat quickly and looking at Alex's slightly confused and more concerned face, you explain " I watched a weird documentary.. I couldn't sleep. Don't worry."

_________________________

Hey, Thank you for the amazing response on the previous chapter!!!! It means so much to me that people are reading this shit I'm writing. Again, if you have any specific requests I'm down to writing it.

Also, please do vote and Comment

Love and sleepless nights,

Vee :)