You don't think I'm hot? See, now I'm hurt

"Y/n, Mr Turner wants to have a word with you" called out your best friend crashing into your dorm room, with a panic-stricken face. You stand up from your bean bag chair, carefree "Now? Gee, I wonder why."

You start to wear your coat and leave the room when y/b/f grabs your arm "haha, funniest thing. I may have forgotten to mention. Remember when we were doing our group assignment last week; we were all tipsy and decided to leave a note to Mr turner in his assignment. I don't really think we erased it..."

Your eyes widened in realisation "oh no! oh no! OH NO! I'm dead, I'm so dead. Is that why he's calling me in today?" Y/b/f raised her brows and nodded in agreement

"Why did you write that note?" you whine, sitting on the chair, your head buried in your hands.

"It was your idea!" said y/b/f "okay, he might not even have noticed it. He's maybe calling you cos you didn't graduate or something"

"THAT'S EVEN WORSE" you yell "you know what, just gonna go, rip the bandaid off"

___________

Mr Turner's classroom was hardly 5-minute walk from your room but it took you forever to reach there. You reach the entrance of the wooden doors and notice him near the window, taking a puff of his cigarette, deep in thoughts. The rays of setting sun fell upon his neatly gelled locks, his eyes twinkled with deep red reflecting from the sun, a slight smile on his lips.

You almost didn't want to disturb him, look at him standing so peacefully. You could remember all the times why you fell in love with him in the first place. But if had seen the note, it was a screwed up situation. You took a deep breath and knocked on the door twice. He looked towards the door and a smile formed on his face "Y/n, come on in. I have been expecting you"

He crushed his leftover cigarette onto the nearby ashtray and walked over to the table authoritatively. You punily walk into the empty classroom and occupy the chair and look down at your feet, heavily embarrassed half expecting him to yell.

"I'm sure, you have an idea what I called you here for" Mr turner smiled, rather quaintly. He leans on the table and waits for you to reply, and when you're quiet for a long time "okay, didn't know you love me voice so much"

You stare at him, goggle-eyed while he just chuckles digging through the scattered papers on his table; His hands catch a certain paper - your shoulders tense, your heart is almost in your mouth. is it? oh, no.. he saw it. You shake you head numerous times and sigh "I'm so sorry, Mr Turner"

He was now staring at you with a weird look on his face while you continued "It was just a joke, we didn't mean any harm- now if you wanna lower my grade for that, I would totally understand"

"I didn't call you in here to lower your grade," he says in a stern voice.

"You're gonna fail me!? " you ask, recalling y/b/f's words, horror slashed across your face.

"What!?" he almost yells "No! The reason, I called you in here is - You have been chosen to perform at the Muse fest this year. Congrats"

Your heart bubbles with joy; Muse fest was the biggest fest conducted by your university for the whole town and performance in it was a Sureshot way into the industry "Really?" you ask, still not being processed what you had heard. It was everything you had worked for in the past four years.

"Of course, you are one of me best students and other faculties agree too" he hands over the pamphlet containing the details of the event.
Oh! so that's what was the paper, then you apologised and made a scene all for nothing? Maybe he hasn't seen the paper yet. I could retrieve it and take out the note. Yeah, that could work.