This date is boring!

"Oh! I'm so hungry" you yelled and walked to the kitchen. You open the fridge door to find if there are any eatables but how unlucky you were. You were certain you had some frozen pizza leftovers but they seemed to be missing too. You looked in the cabinets hoping to find some noodles or readymade stuff to eat but damn, you were out of food. It seemed like in the entire apartment, there wasn't the slightest trace of food.

You sigh "okay, we are totally out of food. Can't avoid grocery shopping anymore" Alex, who was on the couch, watching some old tv show looked at you and nodded his head "seems that way"

"Why didn't you tell me?" you huff, your hands on your hip, blowing the strand of hair that was blocking your view. He looks at you with an amused expression "I told you three days ago that we were running out y/n" he shook his head in disapproval "and it's your week to shop."

You groan at the thought of grocery shopping. Oh, how you hated it. Was it really your week? It just seemed like only yesterday that you went on this horrendous journey. You think hard to remember about the days passed. Al was right, it was your turn. You grab yourself a bag, some cash and the shopping list and look at Alex hoping somehow miraculously he'll agree to shop instead of you.

You both encountered a staring contest for a while, and then he finally broke "ugh, okay! I'll go, don't give me that look" But you didn't want him to do it alone considering it was actually your week and he simply offered. You felt obligated to help him, so you yell "I'll come with"

"No, don't. You always get bored and we end up not completing our shopping. That's precisely why we came up with different weeks for each of us" he sighed, rubbing his temples and looking for his jacket. You stood firm "I won't be bored. Let's go!" 

He eventually gave up and just nodded and took his keys. You smiled victoriously and kissed him on his cheek. Shopping went on for about an hour and it was exhausting. How do people do this? you wondered. Alex was carefully looking for items on the list and putting them in the trolley. 

"Okay, you were right. This date is boring" you exaggerate while pushing the trolley to and fro the alleyway while throwing disgruntled looks at the other customers. 

"This isn't a date, I specifically told you it's shopping AND that you'll get bored", he said rattled and grabbed the trolley from your hands. 

"But movies make it seem so romantic" you argue "But now I'm boooored"

"Okay, why don't you go for a walk outside, I'll finish up" he offered and you gladly agreed to it. 

/\/\/\/\/\/\/\

As you were strolling around the grey, cracked streets of London, looking at vibrant dresses on display, people with 10 shopping bags and cafe with cute green umbrellas - you came across the sweetest things ever.

Puppies!

You went ahead to the animal shelter that you had just discovered and played with a pug that was sitting oh-so-innocently just in the doorway "oh, you are so cute"

"You can take it" came a voice. Soon after, a raggedy man emerged from inside and flashed you a smile. You lift up your head to look at the man "Oh, I really shouldn't. I haven't got the cash and I don't think my boyfriend would want it though" You flash him an apologetic look.

"Oh, these are up for adoption. You don't have to pay.. just have to give them a good home" the man said, picking up two dogs round the corner and shoving it up in front of your face "and say, who wouldn't love these adorable things. I'm sure your man won't mind"

You glance at the cute puppy again, melting your heart  "oi, stop giving me those eyes. Now I have to take you, haven't I?"

 You confirm, in a hesitant tone "and sure? no money?"

"Yes ma'am, all these three pups are up for adoption. Or we have to euthanise it, according to the law" he declared leaving your face blue.

/\/\/\/\/\/\/\

You go outside the grocery store and place all the puppies carefully inside the car practising how you'd tell Alex. He waltzed in with two heavy bags and gives you a light smile "Open the door for me, will ya love?" 

You stand there in front of him, while occasionally glancing at your car nervously. In the thoughts of the dogs in your car, you completely ignore his request. He notices that you are distracted and peeps down into the car to see what you were looking at. "Did you scratch the car, love? It's alright" he laughs, finally putting the heavy bags down not being able to hold it any longer. 

"No!" you exclaim and then face him. You had to tell him about the dogs. You guys stayed together and what's the point in hiding. You turn towards your car, leaving baffled Alex to follow you. You open the car door and present to him "Don't be mad but..."

"Dog? you got another dog?" he asked perplexed and looked at you with widened eyes, demanding an explanation.  You bite your lip "actually, there's two more in the backseat"

"Y/n! what the hell were you thinking?"

"You don't know!! These innocent, cute, loving creatures were about to be euthanised by the shelter. I had to take immediate action. also, look how cute they are!" 

"y/n who's gonna look after them. You travel a lot and I'm on tours too. And might I remind you, we already have a dog" he sighed

"I don't know, we'll figure something out. We both travel at different time, so one of us is always at home with them" you suggest

"But then when will we see each other?" Alex asked

"Why do you hate dogs?" you yell in a shrill tone

"I don't, sweetheart. I love dogs, again, we have one at home. It's just I don't want them to be ignored when we are busy with our lives. Also, I think one was far far enough for us"

"Two!" you say

"Okay," he hugged you "Two it is. We can give one to Jamie, he had a dog"

"Yes! Lil cookie loves pets" you say

"Chrismas presents, all settled. But please don't bring home anymore.. animals. okay, babe?" He said carefully. You nod and nuzzle against all the puppies, smiling.

________________________________

(My mom refuses to have pets at home, bummer) I'm not entirely satisfied with this write-up but here ya go! 

Love and pups,

Vee :)