Chapter 7 : It's Not A Date

"Hey! What are you doing this weekend?" Arjun asked Rohini as she was about to leave for the day.
"Nothing"
"Okay I will pick you up in the morning early. Be ready"
"Where are you taking me?" asked Rohini annoyed. Her ideal weekend is to unwind from the external world and deep dive into binge watching series or sleeping or both. She is not someone who likes going out on weekends, especially when if it's not for her purpose.
"I need to buy something"
"Do you need me for that?" she asked doubtfully
"Of course yes"
She didn't question much but nodded in agreement. She thought to herself to keep her secret what sorts of things he's going to make her do. She prayed God to save her from this nuisance.

He made her get ready very early but picked her up an hour after the said time. When asked about the reason for his delay, he said he gave an earlier time thinking she would take longer to get ready. But Rohini is not like other girls, she gets ready within few minutes. She doesn't put a lot of effort to look good. Arjun was impressed with her punctuality but obviously he didn't appreciate her for that. He likes messing with her.

They went to a shopping mall to buy him sherwani. He said that it's for his sister's wedding. She is not his birth sister, she is his cousin but she is close like a sister. He was deliberately taking long time to annoy Rohini. Every time he tries in trial room, he asked her opinion and totally ignored it to her face. At first, she didn't involve in this selection process, but as time passed she grew impatient and became like one of the worker in the store eagerly picking out different suits for him, praising him that it looks good on him. Arjun was not buying any of the false praises. He took his own time. After hours and hours, he finally picked a sherwani which he selected as one of the option in the first 10 minutes of their shopping. Rohini wondered whether he was doing this to annoy her or it was a manufacturing defect. At least for lunch she wished to go to her hostel. When she asked him, he said that he was not done shopping.
"Shall we eat? I'm hungry" asked tired Rohini
"I'm not feeling hungry, I had a heavy breakfast. You can eat if you want."
"Ok I will buy something on the food court, you carry on with your shopping"
"I will wait. Who will carry the bags if you're gone?" he said mockingly

Weekend vanished - Rohini thought to herself

"I have a better idea. I'm also a bit tired, why don't we rest watching a movie?" asked Arjun
"Or we could just rest by sitting over there" Rohini said pointing to a bench nearby
"Good movie it is" he dragged her to the multiplex floor.
"Why waste money here when you can easily download from the internet? She asked
"Any movie suggestions?" asked Arjun totally ignoring her
"I don't know Hindi, so anything English or Tamil"
"Okay let's watch this Hindi movie"

Damn it Rohini. You're such a stupid. He is doing this all to annoy you, you can't lie instantly? Damn you slow brain

He asked for two tickets at the counter and looked at her.
"What?" she asked without a clue
"Pay for the tickets"

Rohini was crying on the inside because this bloody bastard was wasting her time and money

He bought popcorn for himself. Rohini didn't want to add up money as she was the one paying for it all. She couldn't believe for such small quantity how are they charging more money in multiplexes.

As they watched the movie, Rohini saw Arjun eating popcorn without sharing even as a courtesy.

WHAT AN ANIMAL!
I had a heavy breakfast. She thought to herself mimicking him.

The movie was boring. She didn't understand clearly but with whatever she understood, it was clear that it was a shitty movie.

"It's not good. Let's go" said Arjun
"What? You mean now?"
"Yeah"
"There's still a lot to go. I'd be worried if I don't know how it ends" said Rohini mainly worried about her money
"I know that you did not understand anything. Let's just go. It's a waste of time"
You're a waste of time
"But we paid full amount. Shall we check them if they will refund? Or maybe swap to another movie?"
"Okay" Arjun knew no one refunds for movie tickets just because it's a shitty movie, but he wanted to see how she is going to take her argument to the management. It did seem logical to him, because the producers expect people to watch movie in theaters but what if the movies were shitty? Why won't anyone refund or apologise for a bad movie? When there is hell lot of talents suffering without a right chance, how did these guys convince a producer into making a shitty movie? All these questions ran through his mind when he watched her fighting with the theater manager. It was of no use but he liked how she fought for her cause.

After spending the whole Saturday with Rohini, he drove her to her hostel.
"You're coming for my sister's wedding" said Arjun
"Sorry. I can't. Convey her my hearty congratulations"
"I'm not asking you, I'm informing you"
"What?"
"Remember? You owe me one no questions asked favor?"
"Yeah. That's what I did today, right?"
"No. Today was just two friends shopping together"
"This is cheating"
"Did I say that you coming for shopping with me is the favor I meant to ask? NO, right? You're coming with me"
"Where? When?"
"In Mumbai. In about two weeks. You just come for the weekend. You don't have to take any leaves. I will be going early I will be off that whole week"

Mumbai? Plane tickets? I'm just throwing away my money like trash for this idiot.

"I will buy you the plane tickets. You just have to come. It will be a good trip for you. I'll show you around Mumbai. " he said as if he read her thoughts

Good trip? I doubt it

"Are you going to keep blackmailing me like this forever? You know what I don't care, you can tell people about anything. I don't care"
"Even if I tell that you kissed me?"
"What? That never happened"
"You did. You sent me a kiss emoji while chatting"
"huhh argg huhu That was just an emoji" she almost cried.
"For me it felt real"
"Because you are delusional"
"Don't change the topic. You're coming right?"
"Weekend only right?" she saw no way to escape this idiot
"Yes"
"OK"