Chapter 12 : Roommates

Rohini was hesitant to go to work as she felt uncomfortable facing Arjun. She didn't hold back anything last night while crying on the phone. But it's new day different emotions different mindset different people. Arjun didn't ask anything about last night's call, he was same as usual going on about his work. He ignored Rashi's lame attempts to hang with him. Rohini wasn't sure what happened between them but she was happy to see them not together.

When they were about to leave for the day, he asked Rohini if he could drop her at her hostel. She didn't want to bother him but he insisted. She thought he was going to advise her to stay positive and not cry always. Instead he got something else to say.

While on the way, he started the conversation
"Hey I have been thinking about your roommate problem. I think I might have a solution for that. Don't think of me as wrong, just consider it" he said
"You want me to change hostel?" Rohini asked hopeless as she was afraid new roommates meant new problems.
"I say you can stay with me."
"WHAT?" Rohini asked him in shock
"Yeah I live in a two bedroom apartment. You can take one room. I rented it, just in case if my mom wants to visit me. She's been having knee problems so she can't travel. So the other room is empty......"
"What?" she interrupted him
"What? I am saying that you can stay with me. We are friends we won't get into arguments"
"How can I stay with you? What will others say?"
"Who others? I have been living there for sometime, no one has even talked to me. What do you think? Do you trust me?"
She struggled not knowing what to respond.
"Just think about it. You can come see my house. It's a safe neighborhood. I was thinking of changing to a one bedroom house, but if you like this house we can stay as roommates"

Guy and girl staying together as roommates sounded strange to Rohini. Arjun's lifestyle might be different from hers. Later that night Rohini imagined what would it be like to stay with him. Seemed like a good solution, but she was worried what others would say about it.

The next morning she met with Arjun and asked him to show his house. She liked the house. Rooms were separated with attached bathrooms. She decided to move in with him as roommate.

Rohini asked Arjun not to share this living situation with anyone. He had to fire her nosy housemaid for Rohini. Rohini convinced him that they can clean themselves.

Rohini was excited about this new roommate. She vacated her hostel immediately and moved into Arjun's house. Arjun had car so she came to work in his car daily. So transportation money is saved for Rohini. Most important of all she had a separate room for herself. She hasn't been used to sleeping alone.

It was tiring, packing from old hostel room to Arjun's apartment and unpack all of it. That night she slept peacefully. She had a dream that night where Arjun and she become best friends. She woke up and realized that they kind of already became good friends. He has been very helpful and supportive for her. She felt happy having found a new friend, and a friendly roommate.