Chapter 19 : The Final Knot

It was her wedding tomorrow but she didn't seem very excited. She scolded her brain for falling for the playboy. She didn't have anything against Akash, he was nice to her. Maybe that was the problem he was too nice, while she liked constant disagreements and banters she had with Arjun. She got furious while thinking that life doesn't happen as she dreamed of and it was the exact opposite of it.

Evening before wedding they arranged for wedding reception and Akash invited Arjun. She didn't expect to see him there. It made her even more sad on the inside. Arjun was smiling and wishing the best for the new couple. Inside he was feeling sad as well. When the reception ended the couple went to have dinner, they were starving as they didn't eat anything. Arjun accompanied them in eating dinner. Akash was done eating quick. He left to meet with his friends. Rohini is a slow eater. Though Arjun was done he waited for her to complete. There were not many people around them, few cooks wandering around to sleep in, as they had a busy day preparing wedding meal the next day. He made sure that there were no one in the hearing vicinity before talking to her.

"I think you should marry me" he blurted out nervously.
"What!" she was shocked to hear him say that
"I love you. I want to marry you. I will stay till the end. I will convince both our families." he said
Akash came in bringing few of his friends to introduce them to Rohini. Rohini couldn't react to what she just heard. She couldn't believe if it was real or she was just hallucinating. Arjun pretended like nothing happened and he joined the boys.

Usually the night before marriage most girls don't get sleep probably because of excitement or anxiety. But Rohini couldn't sleep because of dilemma. She was not ready to throw away this marriage just because Arjun loves her. She was angry thinking what was he doing before her engagement. She convinced herself that he wanted her only because she was not available, nothing more. She decided not to sweat on this, she hoped for a happy life with Akash before resting her eyes for about 30 minutes.

Morning sunshine came in. Beautician beautified Rohini. She looked stunning. All the marriage process was happening. The bride didn't want to get out of her chair. At night she decided not to think about Arjun's proposal, but morning came that's all she could think about. She was thinking she has got only one life to live, to make mistakes and to learn. She didn't want to waste her only one chance. She wanted to cancel the marriage. But it was already too late. She was scared like a little kid fearing to leave the house for an exam. Her mother came to take her for the wedding ceremony. Rohini requested a time alone with her mother. She told everything about Arjun except that they were living together. Those things she knew, her mother wouldn't approve of. Her mother was shocked to learn about it at very last moment. She called in Rohini's father to discuss the matter. There was chaos at the wedding hall waiting for bride's arrival. Groom's relatives came in to check on what's going on. Rohini's mother had a heart attack. They had a doctor relative who's checking in on her. They informed the news to the groom's family, and asked to postpone the marriage as they had a lot going on.

Groom's family agreed to postpone the wedding. They wished Rohini's mother get well soon and left the wedding hall. Soon the crowd left the wedding hall. Arjun wanted to convey that he was sorry for what happened, when he talked to Rohini only then he realized what actually happened. Her mother didn't suffer heart attack. They lied to cancel the wedding. They didn't want to cancel the wedding saying that their daughter was in love with another guy. Her parents were mad at her and Arjun for causing such problems. They talked to him and asked to meet with his parents. They were not sure if they could agree to this Arjun match but they needed to time to think about it and know about him and his family. So they decided that fake attack could buy them some time.

Arjun was happy at the end as the marriage was canceled and her parents were willing to him a chance. And the realization that Rohini is in love with him made him fly in the clouds. Rohini was happy and excited to this new phase of her life with Arjun. She was willing to risk it all for him.

He was about to leave, to inform his parents that he was ready to marry his live-in girlfriend. He was sure that his parents would be happy for him. He bid bye to Rohini's family. She came to send him off till the gate. Before leaving he asked her
"Do you love me?" in a low tone only for her ears
She replied with smile "No".

They totally forgot that he proposed his love for her long before online which she rejected back then. He understood it's her way of saying yes. He smiled back waving bye to her hoping for a happy future together.