Chapter 8 : Tricked Into A Trip

Arjun went to Mumbai to attend his sister's wedding. He booked tickets for Rohini to join him over the weekend. He told her to bring some fancy dress and not her usual boring clothes, as everyone will be dressed up for the wedding. She didn't take it as an insult as she does not care for her looks.

She was excited for her first trip on an airplane. She was little scared too. She liked the take off but not so much the flying part. The flight was shaky which she compared to travel in a local bus on a very bad road. She doubted if he had booked a cheaper ticket for her. She has always wanted to fly on airplane but her plan was to fly out of India, flying to another state was not in her bucket list.

She reached the Malhotra residence. It was like a big bungalow like in the movies. She assumed that he must be rich but she didn't expect this much rich. He didn't go to pick her from the airport, instead he sent a car. Once she reached the house, he invited her with a broad smile, like he was genuinely happy to see her. She got surprised by his smile because all she has noticed so far, was his lazy eyes which sometimes make him look sexy and sarcastic laughter which were made on her expense mostly.

She nodded uncomfortably as she had trouble adjusting to this friendly Arjun. He took her and introduced her to his family. His father was not there. She saw his mother, she sensed that his mother does not look excited to meet her. It's probably because of the wedding preparation she thought and ignored their not so warm welcome. She heard them talking in Hindi behind her back saying words like "Kaali", she knew it means black. She could make a guess that they were criticizing her dark skin tone. She doubted why would they talk about a no one like her, but then she settled down thinking that women liked to talk about anything so be it her skin tone that day. She didn't take the insults too seriously.

He took her to where girls were applying henna on their hands. He grabbed her a chair and made her sit for henna.

"I don't put such things normally" Rohini resisted
"Well then it's not a normal day, go on. I'd like to see you with mehendi"

She couldn't say no this prince charming's request. She understood that day, what all the girls in her team were ogling at.

He was busy go around the house, whenever he got a chance he came to check out Rohini's hand and made small talk to keep her not feel alone. She didn't have problems mingling with the girls nearby. Although she got little annoyed when they questioned more about Arjun to her. She was like 'how would I know? He is your relative'

Arjun introduced the bride, his sister. She was so beautiful like angelic beautiful. Rohini surrounded by beautiful girls felt a little uncomfortable. She was dressed in plain normal churidar which was comfortable for her travel but it looked very cheap when compared with the girls dresses. She questioned why dress up for applying mehendi?

When Arjun sat with her for small talk, she asked
"So I heard that in North Indian weddings, everyone will dance. Do you have that in this marriage?"
"Yeah it was over yesterday"
"And you call me for the not so fun Mehendi part?" she asked disappointed
"Haha I didn't think that you liked dancing. You're a surprise package inside that shy girl act, aren't you? Anything for you. Let's have Sangeet part 2 now"
He arranged for the music systems and the next minute everyone was dancing blissfully. The house seemed busier earlier, she didn't know if all that busy work got done or not as everyone who was busy earlier started dancing. Rohini enjoyed it a lot. She didn't assume Arjun to be a good dancer but he is. She felt it was unfair for him to be good at everything without even trying.

They had dinner together. Arjun was super nice through out the day. She couldn't believe that it was actually a good trip as he suggested. Also it got her worried to think where the evil plan of his was hidden. Why would he want her there?

As night progressed everyone settled down to their rooms to rest for the big day tomorrow. It's an early morning wedding. He took her bag to show her room. The room he showed looked like his room with his photos and guys stuff.
"You will be staying in my room"
"Okay. Good night"
Arjun struggled to explain that he would also be staying there.
"You can leave" Rohini said to him not knowing why he was standing uncomfortable
"You know I might have told my family that we are in a live-in relationship. So they think I'd be sleeping here. Don't worry it's just tonight. We'd have to wake up early so it's hardly few hours. I will sleep on the floor. You can take bed. You don't have to worry about anything. I didn't expect this to happen I thought I would be out drinking with buddies, but then we couldn't get liquor get delivered, so the plan got cancel... " while he was still rambling, shocked Rohini asked
" What the..? Why would you say that we live together?"
Rohini got angry and stuck with words.

She underestimated this monster's plan. She felt scared, alone, and unsafe all at once. She never imagined him to be an indecent guy but she couldn't believe the situation he has put herself in. It all seemed like a deliberate plan to get to her. But why her? She couldn't figure it out.