Chapter 13 : Bad Idea

Rohini felt happy after waking up from a deep peaceful sleep. Arjun went to gym in the morning. She had the house all to herself. She didn't have to adjust with anyone, she felt like a free bird. She put on loud music and was dancing and singing to the beat. She made a perfect coffee for herself. It tasted like elixir that day. She made another cup for Arjun. When he came back from gym, she greeted him with wide smile and her elixir equivalent coffee. He thanked her. They both went to their respective rooms to get ready for work.

Rohini entered her bathroom to take a shower but then she saw this big, gross, scary lizard on the bathroom wall. She got very scared. She tried to shush it to make it go away through window but her attempts failed drastically as the lizard fell on the floor. She screamed and ran out of the bathroom. Arjun came rushing to check on her.

"What happened?" he asked
"There's a big lizard in the bathroom" she said panting in fear
"It won't do anything. Just go and take shower" he tried to calm her down
"No, it fell on the floor"
"What? Gross!"
"Yeah"
"Let me have a look"
Arjun slowly opened the bathroom door, there he saw the scary gross lizard on the floor. He got afraid after looking at it. Arjun being raised as a pampered kid, was not very comfortable with household activities like dealing with lizards. After waiting for some time for the lizard to move, he suggested her to use his bathroom. He would stay in the hall when she took shower. It was uncomfortable for both of them. She hesitantly took shower in his room. His room had this male aura, she wouldn't call it bad or anything but it was masculine. Being not used to such things, Rohini felt uneasy.

They went to work not discussing anything about the lizard incident. Rohini had her doubts if this was a bad move. It was a busy day, she forgot about her new house problems as she got busy. As the day ended, she dreaded going back to her room.

Arjun and Rohini went back to their house as they were done for the day. The lizard was gone. She didn't feel relieved as she worried that it may come back anytime. She laid on bed thinking about the lizard. Arjun came knocking her door. She opened to see him standing outside looking concerned.
"I think if we close the bathroom window with something, lizard won't be able to come in. I will call some repair guys to fix that immediately. You don't worry." while he was saying that his attention distracted to something else. He felt something was different about her.

She was wearing a light colored         T-shirt. It looked perky. Suddenly he realized that he was looking at her chest without his conscience. He averted his eyes away from her. Rohini noticed what he was looking at. She became uncomfortable after realizing that she was not wearing anything underneath her T-shirt. As they both became aware of the uneasy situation, Arjun tried to leave apologising her.

"I'm sorry. I didn't mean to." he said without looking at her as he was leaving her sight.
"You know what, if you're not comfortable here feel free to find another place to stay. I'll help you out with that"

Rohini stood silent thinking about what he said. Maybe it was a bad idea.

That night she had trouble going into sleep. When she was in deep sleep, someone came knocking at the door. The knocking grew louder and turned into a loud banging. She didn't know what to do. The door was knocked down by an axe. A man with mask entered the room holding the axe.

Rohini woke up from this horrible dream which felt so real. She checked the time, it was  2:30 AM. She was scared to sleep that night. She kept the lights on. She hasn't been used to sleeping alone. She thought that maybe last night she didn't have a problem as she was very tired with the shift. She wondered what would be her every night is going to be.

Maybe it was a very bad idea living with a guy who you work with.