Chapter 14 : One Bowl Two Soul

Initial days with Arjun as roommate may notbhave been the best but Rohini slowly settled down for the new environment. She didn't look for other places, as packing and shifting sounded more tedious than the problems she faced in the new house. She thought no more hasty decisions. She liked the new neighborhood, everything was very easily accessible from her house. She started cooking on her own. She loved cooking but she couldn't do it in her old hostel as they didn't allow it. Her time was well spent and so she didn't get bored or frustrated with general stuff or just life itself. She understood how true the saying was "An idle brain is a devil's workshop"

Arjun asked one day what was she cooking.
"I'm making Sambhar" she said. Sambhar is a South Indian vegetable stew taken with rice.
"Can I taste it?" he asked
"Sure" she said and gave him a spoon to taste.
"Wow! Amazing! I didn't know that you were a good cook. Very nice"
"You like it? I didn't think you'd like South food. That's why I never asked to taste them. Sorry"
"I love it. I'd never be bored to eat this even daily. Wow! Rohini you're so talented" he appreciated her genuinely.
"Really? Then I can cook for you too"
"Thanks, but I don't want to add more work to you"
"No, we can share the work. I will do the main cooking stuff and you can help with that. What do you say?" she asked
"I don't know. I mean I never tried anything remotely related to cooking. I don't know if I can be of any help" he said doubtfully
"That's OK. I'll teach you. I'll give you simple tasks"
"Okay cool. I'm in."

She started cooking for both of them. He helped her doing the vessels and cutting vegetables. She got irritated when he doesn't wash the vessels properly. Arjun got tired of doing more dishes. He hated dish washing. He hated the soap smell on his hands. He adjusted because he became fond of her cooking. On weekends she prepared non vegetarian recipes. Arjun's favorite is her mutton biryani. It is to die for he thought. They had few misunderstandings then and there, but it didn't break into a big fight. He'd say something silly to divert her and make her laugh.

"Hey my back is paining....." Arjun said with a sad face, implying her that he can't do more dishes.
Rohini frowned at him with loss of words.
"Hey what if? What if we eat out of this cooking bowl? Why transfer it to plates? It's just more for me to wash" he suggested
"You mean we eat straight out of the cooking vessel like cave men?"
"Haha I'm not asking you to eat from the dirty floor. Don't overreact" he said mockingly
"OK"
"Okay for no plates?"
"Yeah. But only for today since you have back pain" she agreed
"Thank you so much. You are the best" he said happily.
They clinked their spoons before digging into the bowl, and they ate happily like a couple of puppies eating from same bowl. This habit continued more often as they both didn't have a problem with that.

One weekend Rohini was sitting on the couch reading a novel. Arjun came in and sat on the couch, turned the TV on. He sat on one edge with legs stretched along the couch. His legs are long so it touched Rohini who was sitting on the other end. She got annoyed and told him that his feet was touching her. He suggested why don't she move to a nearby chair. She moved to chair with anger. As she left, he stretched freely singing
"All to myself".
She got annoyed and she got into a pillow fight with him.

Roommate problems she got here are very silly and fun when compared to her old situation. She became a good friend of Arjun. They both liked to mess with each other.