Chapter 17 : What's The Word Again? Break Up

Arjun got up that Monday expecting Rohini to come back. He was surprised to see her in the kitchen already.
"Hey you are back!" he said with excitement and went ahead to hug her. She kind of pulled back avoiding him.
"I got engaged" she said
"What?" he asked her in shock. He thought of starting a relationship with her but before starting she ended it. Nothing was making any sense to him. They kissed passionately and they were chatting through the whole journey, what went wrong he couldn't understand.
"I thought you liked me" he said in disbelief.
"I like you. But this will not work out. You're not interested in marriage. We don't speak the same language. We have cultural differences. Your parents already hate me." she went on and on about all the possible reasons for their relationship to not work.

" Do you want to marry me? You should have talked to me first right? What if I change my mind? Why didn't you check with me first before saying yes to another guy? " he asked with anger and disappointment
She tried to explain him with the logics but he was not in the mood to listen to her logics.

Arjun was very disappointed because he hasn't experienced rejections before. Everything in his life has been more than he could ask for. He never had problem with the ladies, it's always him who dumped them. For the first time he was facing rejection, it was very depressing.

Rohini has been saying no to marriage for quite some time. She knew this wouldn't work because she thought he was way out of his league. She couldn't bare the criticism she had to endure at his home from his relatives. If one day of criticism was that horrible, living whole life with him what would it be like she couldn't imagine. Also she had her doubts about Arjun's feelings for her, whether he will stay for her till the end. He is just a rich spoilt guy he won't understand her sentiments. It was difficult for her leave the fantasy land she flew in before, but she had to face the reality and accept the fact that she is not good enough for him.

They spent days avoiding each other. They both felt miserable without messing with each other.