Chapter-10

Chapter-10

-Elena

It had been a month since Brandon first

passed out due to the infection. Now he's healthy, released from the hospital, and back to being bodyguard.

All was well and back to normal, except for me having to find someone to marry, and Brandon scaring off all of them so far.

"What's wrong with you?? Your cockblocking my love life!" I cross my arms over my chest. We're laying down on my bed, chilling, hanging out, very casual. Except the conversation, not very casual.

"None of them are good enough," he states simply.

"Then who is good enough?"

"No one." He turns the channel on the TV.

"There has to be someone who is."

He shrugs. "Guys are assholes nowadays."

I look at him. "Oh trust me, I know." He rolls his eyes and goes back to watching the TV. "You know what I think?"

"Something not good, I'm sure."

"Your just jealous."

He laughs. "Of what?"

"Allllll this," I motion to all of me and we both laugh. "Okay maybe not." I smile and turn on my side, facing him. "What do you think is going to happen when I do get married, and one day you get married? What if you can't be my bodyguard? What if we aren't friends anymore?"

He turns on his side to face me. "That wont happen. You can't get rid of me that easily. Besides I'm not exactly marriage material, I'll be lucky just to get a relationship."

"I think you are, you just don't know it yet, you just have to find someone you love. Let me tell you what Arthur said, You've already met the person you should marry. You just don't realize it yet. There's that theory. There's also, that you like someone, maybe even love. But you aren't sure if they feel the same way. And if any of those things are true you should go out and find the love you deserve. Not the love you think you deserve, I know that you think you don't deserve that great of love. But the love others think you deserve, the love you do deserve, is the best kind of love there is."

He's silent at first. "..why are old people so smart?"

"That's what I said!" We laugh.

"I think he's right. I already love someone," he smiles.

"Who?"

"Myself." He laughs and I roll my eyes.

Somewhere in the conversation I get lost in thought. There's a knock on the door breaks my train of thought and I look up. "Come in."

Liam opens the door. "Something's happened."

I sit up. "What?"

"The shooter..he was found this morning..murdered in his cell." He leans against the door.

My mouth drops. "It..it was because of me.."

Brandon sits up. "No it wasn't you didn't kill him."

"He was killed because he gave me information when I went to see him. He warned me that someone was working undercover, that's how Aaron got in. ..he also told me that the Rebellion was coming after everyone I care about, then their coming for me.." I stare at the floor. He was murdered because of me. Because I made him tell me information. Its all my fault.

"It isn't your fault, you shouldn't feel guilty for the man who tried to murder you himself. He got what was coming to him." Brandon puts his arm around me in attempt to make me feel better. He looks uncomfortable and unsure about it. He's really bad at comforting people. But not when it comes to me. Just him being there is all I need.

"As if I didn't have enough things to worry about..now I have to worry about finding someone to marry, watching my back 24/7, and having an undercover murderer running loose. Oh and I can't sleep at night anymore knowing all of these things." I put my head in my hands.

Liam walks over and kneels in front of me. "Hey, its okay. You don't have to worry. You'll be okay, I promise even if its not my job anymore, I'll protect you." I smile a little. He's surprisingly being sweet.

Brandon tightens his arm around my, not very happily. "Don't worry about it man, I can protect her. It is my job after all."

Liam looks at me. "Just know I'll look after you. I got your back." He smiles before leaving.

"What the hell was that about?" Brandon narrows his eyes at the doorway Liam had just walked out of.

"Guess he likes me..my parents did say he might be good marriage material. Maybe they were right." I smile and Brandon frowns. Maybe he is jealous?