Chapter-18

Chapter-18

-Elena

Everything's been normal. We haven't had problems lately with assassins or the Rebels. The maid that was poisoned was finally released after a week in the hospital. Thankfully she was okay. And thankfully we haven't had any attacks. That being said, I know they'll be coming any day now.

I was standing out on the balcony of my room. Its high up, and a long way down. You can see the kingdom and the country, miles and miles away. Its always been a beautiful sight.

I stare down and out past the gates to the castle. My mouth drops. I don't even know how many rebels are charging at the gate. Their climbing over and charging into the castle.

My door swings open and I scream. Brandon runs in and I sigh relieved. "Arthur is getting Elliot to safety, the Rebels are attacking. Come with me." He grabs my arm and pulls me with him.

I cry out, my leg isn't quite healed fully yet and it still really hurts. "My leg.."

"Hold on." He gives me his gun before picking me up. "You'll only slow us down if I don't carry you. I run, you shoot. Got it?"

I wrap one arm around him and nod. He runs and I shoot any Rebels. "Where's my parents?"

"Taken to the bunker." He runs down the stairs, tons of Rebels run inside, fighring the guards through. They stop and look at us before yelling and charging head on. "Nope not that way." Brandon turns down the hall at the end of the stairs and I shoot.

Bullets fly past us and I scream, holding on tight. "Where are we going?" Guards run past us, head on into the crowd of rebels.

"We have to get you to the bunker."

"What about Aaron and Liam? The Rebels will break them out..Aaron will kill Liam!"

"Their the least of our worries right now."

The force of us being knocked into sends me sliding across the hall on the floor, and a scream escapes me. Pain hits me like a brick, I landed wrong on my rist.

I look up at Brandon, being lifted off his feet by the Rebel. He nails the guy in the stomach and shoves him off. The guy stumbles and runs back at him. Brandon grabs him and turns the guy's back in my direction and holds him still. "Shoot! Shoot!" The guy looks over his shoulder at him, then turns Brandon, them switching places. "Don't shoot! Don't shoot!" He shoves the guy off and jumps back. "Now shoot!" I scramble, grabbing the gun and aiming it. I shoot and the guy goes down. I throw the gun and jump back. I've never killed anyone. Yes, I shot Rebels back there, but I only injured them, not killed.

Brandon kneels down in front of me. "Its okay..its okay..I know its hard but it'll be fine.."

I shake my head. "I killed him.."

"He was going to kill me and then you. You did what had to be done to save our lives." He rests his hand on my cheek. "Trust me, it'll get easier. Right now I need you to come with me. Can you do that?"

I nod and he helps me to my feet. I wimper and hold onto rist, cradeling it to my chest. "My rist.."

He looks down at it. "It my be sprained..here, let me get you to the bunker and I'll have someone take a look at it, but right now, we don't have time." Shouts from guards and rebels echo down the hall. He quickly wraps his arm around my waist and pulls me with him, being careful of my leg. He goes down the stairs to our left and he lets me go. He locks the door behind us. "Come on, the bunker isn't far from here."

We go down a few more flights of stairs before getting to another door, and locking it behind us again. Then the bunker. A large door, and there's no way of being able to break into it.

Brandon places his hand on the scanner, types in the code, and opens his eye for the retina scanner.

The bunker door opens and he steps out of the way for me to enter. I go in and wait for him but he doesn't come in. "Aren't you coming?"

He sighs. "I have to go help the others fend off the rebels.."

"No! They'll kill you! You can't go..please.." My eyes tear up. I can't loose him. "I need you.."

"I have to.." He hugs me close. "I'm coming back."

"Promise.."

He tilts my face up and wipes my tears. "Shh..no crying. I promise. I'm coming back." He kisses me gently. "In case something happens, I want you to know something." He's hesitant. "I love you.."

I look up at him, surprised. What surprises me more is I feel the same way back. I pull him down and kiss him. When we pull back my lips feel like fire. "You better come back because I love you and I don't want to loose you."

He smiles and hugs me close. "I promise, I will." His smile fades as he lets me go. "Get that rist checked out, okay?" I nod and he steps back. He hits the key pad and the door closes between us, locking.