Meeting Alex

I wanted to know the route to cafeteria, so I asked a girl who was passing by

"Excuse me, Could you tell me the way to cafeteria?" I asked waiting for her to answer me but the girl kept staring at me with her eyes wide open.
I waited and waited but she just stood in front of me like a statue.

"Um, Hello?!" I clear my throat, my voice held a sense of irritation.

She shook her head while her face turned crimson red, "Uh sorry! Take a right from library... " She completed the sentence with a bright smile laced on her face.

"Thanks!" I replied and strolled away from there.

What the hell is wrong with girls of this college dude? They keep staring at me as if I'm some candy.
I roll my eyes and ignore all the flirtrious glances and whispers I receive.

When I was passing by I was stopped by the impressive library. I took two steps backwards and peeked inside the library. It was vast and filled with silence. I quickly roam my eyes around the library to see countable people sitting inside reading books.
But one thing or should I say one book caught my attention and interest.

WUTHERING HEIGHTS.

The person who was reading this book was a girl and her face was completely hidden behind the book. A strange curiously stirred inside me because it's rare I find people with interest similar to mine. I angled my head a little left to take a peek at the person but she had her head buried inside the book. Suddenly she placed the book on table vertically and her forehead came in view. She loosely ran finger through her silky hair and tied it in the form of bun and used a pencil to keep the bun intact.

Picking up the book in her hand she titled it little lower and now her lowered eyes came into view.
I was observing every action of hers very keenly.
I. DON'T. KNOW. WHY!

Suddenly she heaved her eyelids to look at the large deco clock which was hung on the wall in front and for a second I felt breathless. My eyes peered at crazily fascinating eyes of one and only HARRIET GRANGER.

Her eyes looked more angelic and mesmerizing in real. I blinked my eyes whilst running finger through my hair. A small smile crept along my lips.

While the entire girls of her college are trying to impress me, she is here busy reading a novel.

Slipping my hand into my pocket, I look at her once more before walking away. At least we have one thing in common - books, we love reading books.

After getting myself a cold coffee , I was walking around in the corridor when Alex called me.
Alex is the only person I'm close with since childhood. He once saved my life from then on we are like brothers.

« ● flashback ● »

I was unable to breathe, my nostrils filled with water,I felt like someone is pulling me inside the water.
I tried moving my hands but it was making things worse, more and more water entered into my nose.
I could see my end coming, I'm going to drown now and die like this. I closed my eyes shut welcoming the darkness.