16 | Zayden's truth

Little by little

Day by day

What is meant for you

WILL always find it's way..!!

After placing the dinner on the table, I went out for a walk

After placing the dinner on the table, I went out for a walk. My thoughts wandered back to last Saturday when Zayden and I had a proper conversation for the first time. I thought maybe things were going to get better between us. But like always he proved me wrong.

With determined decision in my mind, I walked inside his study room and placed the coffee in front of him on the desk. I generally used to leave after giving him coffee but today I stood rooted at my place waiting for Zayden to sense my presence.

He hoisted his eyes and looked at me.

"I, I am here to ask something." I said fidgeting with my fingers.

"Yes?" he closed the book and placed it aside.

"Are you and Jannet dating?"

Zayden eyes narrowed, "What nonsense. Who told you this?" he asked.

"No one. I felt it cause I looked at the way you were staring at Jannet that day during basketball match." I utter recalling one of the worst day of my life.

"Wait! Okay, so now you want to act like a typical wife or what?" he questioned standing up from his seat.

"I just asked a simple question. Are you attracted to her? Do you like her?" I peered directly in his eyes.

"What are you speaking?" he questioned furrowing his brows.

"I have never questioned you about anything since our marriage. Please answer me." I had my head lowered staring at my feet. My voice was low. I so badly wanted Zayden to say No.

He sighed. I hoist my head and look at him, "Yes. It's just an attraction."

Those were the words I didn't want to hear. My heart was crumbled into pieces. A terrible anguish sweeped my heart. I suddenly felt like running away from here.

My husband was attracted to another girl.

I could hear his faint voice but I couldn't understand any of his words. I stare at him whilst batting my eyelids. I watched his lip movements with neutral look on my face.

"Harriet!" Zayden yelled, making me flinch.

"Hm..."

"Are you okay?" he asked staring at me keenly. I wanted to laugh at him. He was seriously asking me if I was okay after he confessed that he was attracted to another girl.

Yes, I am okay. In fact I am more than okay cause your little confession also proved that whatever Jannet told me earlier is one hundred percent true. I wanted to yell these words at him but instead I gave him a nod.

"You want anything else." I forced my lips upwards like I was smiling but I was dying from within.

"No" he replied.

That day I don't know for how long I stayed in washroom crying and cursing my luck.

Out of everyone in this world God choose me to give all sorts of pain.

°°°

The moment I said yes, I regretted cause I saw pain in her eyes

The moment I said yes, I regretted cause I saw pain in her eyes. For the first time she asked me something and I couldn't lie to her.

Morning when she served me breakfast, her eyes were swollen.

I was the reason she cried. I closed my eyes feeling culpable for hurting her. I never imagined I would be hurting her.

She is the best wife a man can ask for and I made her cry.

Rubbing my temples, I open my eyes and look at her. "Harriet about yesterday-" I started with the intention of apologizing to her but she cut me off saying, "It's okay. We can't control our feelings. I know Jannet is beautiful and it's normal for guys to get attracted to her."

I was about to answer her, when Jannet walked in grinning.

Now who called Jannet ?

Furrowing my brows, I turn my head to face Harriet only to see she was already looking at me with discomfort.

Does she think I called Jannet here?

"Did Zayden say he likes me?" Jannet gushed sprinting towards us.

"Yes, he did." Harriet answered.

When did I say I like Jannet? Even though I don't care what Jannet think but for God sake liking is so much different than attraction.

"Oh my God. I knew you liked me." Jannet lunged towards me wrapping her hands around my neck.

Peeling her hands away from my neck I took a step backwards, "I never said I like you."

Jannet turned to face Harriet waiting for an explanation, "He said he is attracted to you." Harriet explained.

What on earth was wrong with Harriet today.

"Who is attracted to whom?" another voice came from behind and it was none other than Alex.

"Zayden said he is attracted to me." Jannet pouted flipping her hair back.

Alex clenched his jaws, "The hell you mean he is attracted to you. I don't believe you." Alex shook his to and fro.

"He did tell that." Harriet said with low voice.

Alex nose flared while he stared at me with vexation brimming his eyes. He had this look as if he was going to strangle me to death.

I can't believe my best friend is giving me death glare because of my wife. I know he has soft corner for Harriet and... I don't like it at all!

❤..