Chapter 6: Mysterious Men

Third Person's POV

Third Person's POV

The detective team were on their car as they figured out the clue from the poem. Now they were heading to the green tea farm in Jeju where they think they will get the next clue. You, Sehun, and Kwangsoo were seated in the back seat. Sejong, Jaesuk, and Jaewook were in the middle row while Minyoung was driving and Jongmin was next to him.

The team was passing by the fields of Jeju, windows open to feel the fresh air. You guys were talking about the case when suddenly you passed by cows.

"Look! Cows! They're wandering so freely. They must taste good." Sejong blurted out making all of you laugh.

-Hunger is stronger than investigative instinct

"Unnie, if you're hungry we have water here." You said with a small laugh.

"What an interesting thought." Jaesuk said with a laugh.

Soon you arrived at the green tree farm. It was wide and it looked wonderful. The plants were shaped into thick straight lines making it look all proportional. It was truly pretty.

The team then stopped when they saw a sign. The sign was in front of the green tea plants that were going in straight lines with these ladders in between. They read the sign out loud to know the next clue, hoping to solve it.

"You will need luck to find the treasure. Each passage has a hint that you need to open the treasure chest." Jaesuk said and they grazed their gazes to the farm.

"Isn't this like the Korean Ladder Game?" Sejong asks as she looked at the pathway that had these gray obstacle hanging at random places.

"Who wants to go first? Sehun? Y/n?" Minyoung asks catching your attention.

"I'll go for 5." Sehun says as the others cheer for him.

"I'll go for 8." You said and the detective team agreed for them to go at the same time.

As the two crossed the pathway, they climbed onto the gray ladders that made them moved to the next path. The cycle repeated as the other detectives understood the concept of the game. The others sang a cute song as the two walked over the beautiful fields as they watch in curiosity.

The path ended and you two were next to each other when it stopped, him being on the second chest and you being at the third. In front was small chests that was in front of all passages. They had locks yet there were also keys on it.

"Hyung! There's something here." Sehun shouted so that the members of the team from the other side could hear him.

"Then that's good! Show it!" Jaesuk shouted and Sehun kneeled to the ground. Placing his phone and notebook on the grassy field.

You opened the lock and then slowly made a peak of what was inside the chest. What's inside made you scream and move back, making Sehun stare at you.