Chapter 22: Mysterious Island

Third Person's POV

Third Person's POV

Detective Ahn was at a cafe at Incheon. He was staring at the ocean view from the balcony, thinking of random thoughts early in the morning. The air was nice and the weather was also great. It was a good start of the day.

I'm a detective. To be precise, I'm a private detective who used to be a former agent. He thinks as he takes the cup of coffee in his hands. My intuition acquired through experience is better than other detectives.

-The former enjoying his time

He tried to act cool and sip the coffee in his hand, just to spit it out. "Gosh, it's hot." He says as he whines at the sudden hotness. He snaps back to reality and just stares at the view.

-Reality hits

"Agent Ahn!" Someone says from behind him, giving him a little shock.

"You scared me! Don't call me that again, I'm a detective." Jaewook says as he faces the man who was wearing shades and a mask.

The man remove his shades and mask, facing the detective with a calm look. He was Nam Chang Hee, a thief that Jaewook caught when he was an agent. "The traffic was very bad. I'm sorry I'm late." Chang Hee says.

-Nam Chang Hee, a thief that Jaewook encountered before

"It's fine. By the way, why did you want to meet up?" The detective asks.

"Remember the island that I told you about? My hometown? I actually want you to investigate that island." Chang Hee says as he moved closer to the former agent.

"Your hometown?"

"Yes. I don't actually know if you will believe this but that place had been rumored about vampires ever since."

-An island that has been rumored about vampires?

"Vampires? Did you watch a horror movie last night?" Jaewook asked in disbelief of the situation.

"It's true! The place is really haunted by vampires!" Chang Hee defends. "I had left that island a long time ago but because of my friend that was there, he says that the situation was worse. The villagers are even trying to cover it up."

"What are you talking about? Vampires?" Jaewook still questions. The two had eye contact for a few seconds and seeing the younger boy's sincere look, he sighed and then asked. "Where is that island?"

Chang Hee places an arm around the detective, forcing him to look forwards where bodies of water were found. "Over there." He says as he points to the land mass, making sure to get Jaewook's wallet that was at his back pocket.

-Things sometimes don't change

He then leaves silently as the detective looks over far where the island was. "The villagers..." Jaewook says, facing beside him where the former thief was, seeing him not present anymore.