Chapter 38: First Steps

Third Person's POV

Third Person's POV

"Kwangsoo, go in." Jongmin says as he pointed out the entrance from the back of the stage.

They were currently investigating the stage, wanting to know the route the magician was supposed to take to reach the back quickly. Everything has been a bliss since the mannequin dropped from the roof and the magician gone missing.

-Investigating the set

The detective team volunteered for the case, positive that they could find the magician in 4 hours and 30 minutes. They were currently looking into the trick of the disappearing magician. It was hard since they were inexperience.

Kwangsoo being the detective he is, followed Jongmin's words and crawls beneath the stage. He opened his flashlight, listening to all the instructions the other detectives were saying. "There's a switch here."

-A hidden path underneath the stage

"Open it!" Jaesuk demands Kwangsoo and he follows the instruction, immediately pressing the switch.

An opening appears on the stage as he pressed the switch. It was one of the tiles, opening to reach the stage. Kwangsoo stands, half of his body appearing on the stage.

"Magic Girl must have come out from here." Jaesuk says, making an assumption about the route.

-The path of the magician's partner

"Her path is like this." Jongmin says, moving his hands at the shape of the path he found.

Jaesuk then notices something, finding it weird. "Wait a minute, you didn't come in?" He asks Jongmin in which he answered in a laugh. "You found the path."

"I just found myself crawling." Kwangsoo says, everyone laughing at their cute conversation. Kwangsoo lifts himself up from the whole, standing up to complain with Jaesuk.

"I'm scared of the dark." Jongmin says innocently, trying to reason out.

Minyoung was being the smart detective she is, saying that there will be another passage that leads to the back. She was saying that it will be impossible that the two will cross paths. They were back again for searching path.

-Looking for another entrance

"Kwangsoo! There's another one go in." Jongmin says, demanding Kwangsoo while smiling. The detectives soon gathered, Kwangsoo and Jaesuk entering the new path to see where it would lead.

-Demanding Kwangsoo to enter once more

Kwangsoo was the first one to go in and Jaesuk soon followed. The other detectives waited at the stage, wanting to know where the path was. "There's another switch!" Kwangsoo says, looking at the small switch in midst of the darkness.