Chapter Two

*Calix*

Dinner had been a relatively quiet affair after that and once it was over, Hades, Persephone, and I went to the study to discuss the situation.

But my thoughts were focused on something else. Something far more beautiful and intriguing than the thought of Eris' defeat.

Davina Gryffon.

Her name was Davina Gryffon.

Acheron's beloved daughter. The last of the Fated Four.

My heart longed to be near her and I could still see her beautiful face as I floated in the sea of my own thoughts.

"Calix!"

Those entrancing coal coloured eyes.

"Calix!"

Her red lips.

"Calix!"

My head snapped up and I turned to find Hades and Persephone looking at me. I blushed. I hadn't been paying attention.

"You were thinking about her, weren't you?" Persephone asked.

"Who?" I asked.

"Don't try to hide it, Calix," the Queen told me, "You know very well who I'm talking about. You were thinking about Davina."

"Yes," I admitted, "What can you tell me about her?"

"Well, she's Acheron's daughter," Persephone replied.

"How did she end up here?" I asked, wondering how a demigod came to reside in the Underworld.

"Her story is not a pleasant one Calix," Hades warned me, "Long before Davina was born, Acheron noticed a young woman approaching the part of his river that exists in the human world. She captivated him and he fell in love. He begged me to allow him to leave the Underworld to court her and I agreed. Davina was the result of their union and unfortunately, giving birth to Davina, was too much for her Mother to bear. She died soon after and we welcomed her soul to the Underworld."

"Does...does Davina know?" I asked.

"No, I haven't had the chance to tell her," Hades replied, "Acheron hasn't either."

"What happened after her Mother died?" I asked.

"Acheron was heartbroken and returned to the Underworld with an infant Davina," Hades told me, continuing the story, "He asked me to let her remain in the Underworld so that he could carry on his duties and raise his daughter. Persephone and I agreed and offered to house her in the palace."

"I suppose in a way, Davina has become like a daughter to me," Persephone added as Hades nodded in agreement.

"Where is her Mother now?" I asked.

"In Elysium Fields," Hades replied.

I nodded in understanding.

"Would it..." I swallowed hard before continuing, "Would it be alright if we finished discussing Eris tomorrow?"

"Of course," Hades told me.