Chapter Three

*Calix*

Fear.

Anxiety.

I could feel it coursing through my veins as Eris lowered her hood and looked at me.

"You know Calix, I always thought you were better than this," she smirked, "But it turns out your nothing more than a little weakling. A Fate that can't even control his powers."

I felt the fear creeping up my legs and arms. It was paralyzing me, freezing me in place. I couldn't move. But this fear...it wasn't mine...it didn't belong to me. I searched the landscape before me and saw Davina.

Ares was holding her in a headlock.

"Maybe when this is over, I'll have my way with her," Ares told me, "She'd make a good lover."

I felt Davina's fear increase and it crept further up my body, paralyzing me even more.

"But then again...she's too important to you to leave alive," Ares noted. And in one swift motion, he snapped her neck like it was a twig.

My screams of anguish echoed in the darkness around us, as did Eris and Ares' mocking laughter.

I woke up and gasped for air

I woke up and gasped for air. I felt my heart racing and tried to slow it.

A dream.

It had all just been a dream.

I rubbed my temples and took some deep breaths, trying to ease my anxiety.

Inhale.

It wasn't real, I told myself.

Exhale.

Eris isn't here.

Inhale.

You're safe.

Exhale.

Davina is safe.

I felt my heart rate slow and sighed. I slid out of bed and tossed on a shirt before heading down to the kitchens. Green tea always seemed to help me sleep.