Chapter Sixteen

*Davina*

I woke up the next morning and the first thing I saw was Calix's sleeping form. As I looked at his sleeping form, I thought about last night. The pain. The love. The pleasure. The trust. The healing. The passion. The emotions. I remembered all of it. But my recollections were interrupted by a buzzing sound. I looked around for the source and saw a little light in the back pocket of my jeans. My phone.

I got up and went to turn it off, not wanting to wake Calix. I pulled my phone out of the pocket of my jeans and noticed that Clarissa's name was flashing across the screen. Was something wrong?

I answered the phone and held it up to my ear.

"Hey Clary," I greeted her, "Is everything okay?"

"We figured out what we can use to draw Ares out into the open," she replied shakily.

"That's great, but are you okay?" I asked, "You sound a little shaken." Calix stirred and woke up. He looked at me curiously. I put the call on speaker and mouthed 'Clary' to him.

"I'm a little shaken from seeing Ares' past, but I'll be fine," Clarissa assured me, "Can you and Calix meet us near the city square?"

"Sure, we'll be there soon," I assured her.

Calix and I quickly got ready and melted away into the shadows.

We materialized in the square a few moments later

We materialized in the square a few moments later. The square was deserted, so we didn't have to worry about any curious humans questioning our sudden arrival.

I spotted the others in the middle of the square and Calix and I rushed over to them.

"Did you guys find anything?" he asked, getting right to the point.

"Ares has always believed that the one thing a warrior needs after coming home from war is the company of a woman," Clarissa told us, "So we're going to draw him out with a beautiful woman."

"Where are we going to find a woman willing to tempt the God of War?" I asked.

"We already have one," Clarissa assured me.

"I'll be doing it," Rosalie replied, "I know a shapeshifting spell. I'll change myself into a nymph and draw Ares out." Soren crossed his arms and I could feel the anger rolling off him.

"I hate this plan," he stated.

"I know, beloved, but we don't have a choice," Rosalie reasoned.

"I know," he sighed.

"Did you find Ares?" Calix asked Soren.

"He was partying in Club Noire last night, he'll probably be lurking around there today," Soren replied.

"Then we need to do this now," Clarissa stated as she touched the hilt of the Sword of Hades.

"Agreed," Arrow added, "Let's go."