Chapter Four

*Davina*

I walked over to my Father's shores the next day and he appeared after the usual vortex of water.

"Are you ready to begin, raindrop?" he asked.

I nodded. "Ready as I'll ever be," I replied.

Father nodded and turned to me.

"In order to use your powers, you must first understand them," Father explained, "You have the blood of the Underworld flowing through your veins, and that is what makes you  strong."

"In what way?" I asked.

"Those blessed with the blood of the Underworld in their veins have the ability to manipulate shadows and bend them to their will," Father explained, "Lord Hades, Hecate, Nyx, Erebus, Thanatos, Marcaria, Melinoe, Zagreus, Ploutos...they can all manipulate the shadows around them."

"What about Hermes and Lady Persephone?" I asked.

"They spend enough time here that the Underworld has given them power over shadows," Father explained.

"And the Fates?" I asked.

"They are sons of Nyx and Erebus with powers steeped in darkness," Father explained, "They have dominion over shadows in addition to their individual powers. But enough explanation...I think it's time you started learning how to use your powers. Are you ready?"

I nodded.

"Very well then, try to create a sword," Father told me, "Feel the shadows around you."

I closed my eyes and heard the whispers of the shadows around me. They whispered in my ear, accepting me as their mistress, their commander, giving me consent to use their strength as I saw fit.

I opened my eyes and saw the shadows swirling around my body. I concentrated and managed to form a sword in my hand.

"Very good," Father praised me.

Then he made the water rise out of the river and threw it at me. The water drenched me from head to toe and I sputtered, trying to recover from the shock of it.

"What was that for?!" I demanded.

"You could have used your sword to block, or you could have used your powers," Father replied.

"My powers?" I asked.

"I'm a river deity, raindrop, which means that I can control water," Father explained, "And because you're my daughter, so can you."

I looked at the river curiously. Could I really bend the water in the river to my will?

"How?" I asked.

"Focus on the water," Father told me, "It's part of you. Let the power flow through your body. You can bend it to your will."

I nodded and closed my eyes. I focused on the water. I thought about how it flowed and eroded the environment around it. I thought about how it gave life to the world around it. I thought about how it could take life away by drowning those who ventured into its depths.

Weave | Fated Four: Book 4जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें