Chapter Eleven

*Davina*

Clarissa, Rosalie, Avalon, Nemesis, and I materialized in an apple orchard. We were on the outskirts of Moonshell and it was already dark out. The orchard was empty, making the place seem eerie and unsettling.

"Come on, we need to find Eris' Temple," Clarissa told us.

"Any idea where it could be, Nemesis?" I asked.

"If I remember correctly, the entrance to the Temple should inside an apple tree," Nemesis replied.

"Well that narrows it down," Avalon said sarcastically, gesturing to the numerous apple trees in the orchard.

"Davina, you're an empath right?" Clarissa asked.

"Yeah," I replied.

"Can you sense Eris' emotional aura?" Clarissa asked.

"I can try," I replied.

I closed my eyes and tried to sense the emotional auras around me. I felt Clarissa, Rosalie, Avalon, and Nemesis around me, but ignored their auras and looked further. I looked all over the orchard, trying to find an emotional aura that could belong to Eris.

It was difficult, but eventually I felt fear and anger. I followed the feeling and the others followed me. Eventually, the five of us came to a stop in front of a massive apple tree.

"I can feel two auras underneath this tree," I told the others.

"Okay, but how are we going to get inside the Temple?" Rosalie asked.

"We could try pulling on one of the branches," Avalon suggested, "It may open the door."

"It's worth a shot," Clarissa replied.

Avalon walked over to the tree and tugged on one of the branches. But the door didn't open. Instead, holes appeared on the apples of the tree. And out of those holes came arrows.

"Get down!" Rosalie shouted and we all dropped to the ground. The arrows shot out of the apples and landed near our feet. Then after a few moments the arrows vanished and the apples returned to normal.

Clarissa was the first to stand up.

"Is everyone okay?" she asked.

We all nodded as we stood up.

"Okay so tugging the branches is a bad idea," Avalon conceded, "But at least we know we have the right tree."

"How are we going to open the door then, any ideas?" Rosalie asked.

Clarissa examined the tree for a few moments.

"What do we know about Eris?" she asked.

"She's a murderer, a liar, a traitor," Avalon stated.

"Okay, what else?" Clarissa asked.

"She's responsible for the chaos in Moonshell," I added.

"Anything else?" Clarissa asked.

"She wants the same recognition from the pantheon as the Fates get," Rosalie replied.