Chapter Thirteen

*Calix*

I woke up the next morning with Davina laying on my chest. I took in my surroundings and realized that we'd spent the night on the dock. My shock only increased as I realized that I'd slept through the night peacefully. There hadn't been a single nightmare. Davina's presence must have helped.

I felt relieved that I'd been able to sleep and more comfortable around her than I'd been before. Was I ready to let my walls down completely? No, but I was getting closer.

Davina was still fast asleep in my arms and as much as I didn't want to wake her, I knew that we needed to train and get to work on Clarissa's plan to kill Ares. So I kissed my beloved soulmate's forehead and she stirred in my arms.

"Good morning," I greeted her.

"Morning," she replied. She took in our surroundings and gasped. "Oh my gods, did we really spend all night out here?"

"Apparently," I replied.

"Well, we should get ready and eat breakfast," she told me as we both stood up, "We have a long day ahead of us."

And indeed we did.

We both got up, went inside, got ready, had a quick breakfast, and then joined the others in the backyard. I noticed that Soren and Rosalie were sparring with Nemesis, while Ryder and Avalon were shooting at targets.

"Nice of you to join us," Ryder told us sarcastically.

I rubbed the back of my neck as my cheeks turned pink.

"Did Arrow and Clary leave already?" I asked, trying to change the subject.

"About an hour ago," Ryder replied, "The rest of us will be leaving soon too."

I nodded before turning to Davina.

"Let's work on your powers, shall we?" I asked.

She nodded and followed me. We sat down across from each other on some rocks.

"Close your eyes," I instructed. She did as she was told.

*Davina*

*Davina*

Calix's voice was soothing as he continued to speak.

"Feel the emotional auras around you," he told me.

I reached down deep into my core and felt the determination, courage, strength, and caring nature of those around.

"Now slowly open your eyes," Calix told me, "You should be able to see the auras as they are."

I opened my eyes and gasped. There was a dark blue light around Calix and I could feel his love for me as his aura reached out for me, wanting to be closer to me.

I looked around at the others. Soren and Ryder's auras were also dark blue. Rosalie and Avalon were both surrounded by a lighter blue. And Nemesis' aura was a mix of light and dark blue.