Chapter Seven

*Davina*

Two weeks.

It had been two weeks since Calix had arrived in Underworld and during that time, the two of us had gotten incredibly close. We were practically inseparable. And I found myself thinking about him more and more.

The way he had conducted himself in Elysium...giving his sister in law the chance to see her Father...it made me sure of one thing. Calix Mortane was a good man.

He loved his family.

He cared about them.

He was grateful for them and the things they had done.

When Calix loved, he loved with all his heart it seemed. And seeing him in this new light made me wonder...was there something between us?

I knew we were bound together because of the prophecy, but how did I actually feel about him? My heart seemed to pound every time he was close by. He always seemed to be able to comfort me when I needed it and I was able to calm him down when he felt overwhelmed.

Was I falling for him?

I wasn't sure, but something told me that I'd find out today. Today was Calix's last day in the Underworld. Well I suppose it was my last day too. The two of us would be retrieving the ingredient from my Father's river and after Hecate brewed the potion, we'd be leaving for the human world.

"Davina," a gorgeous voice greeted me as I reached my Father's shores. His dark blue eyes sparkled as he looked at me. Calix took my hand and brought it to his lips.

"Calix," I greeted him as my cheeks turned pink.

There was a vortex of water and my Father appeared with a flower.

"As promised, Calix," he stated as he offered the flower to Calix. The son of Nyx took it.

"Thank you, Acheron," Calix told my Father, grateful for his help.

My Father nodded and then vanished in a splash of water. Calix turned to me and the two of us melted away into the shadows.

We materialized in a laboratory full of potion vials and ingredients

We materialized in a laboratory full of potion vials and ingredients. There was even a cauldron full of boiling water sitting on top of a burning fire. Hecate stood nearby, grinding something in a mortar with a pestle.

She turned and smiled at us.

"I see you got the ingredient," she told Calix.