Chapter Twelve

*Davina*

Ares looked at the four of us and I could feel the rage rolling off of him. He was furious that we had tried to kill Eris. In his eyes, we tried to harm his lover, and that wasn't something that he was going to forget.

"The Fated Four together at last," he smirked, "You pathetic demigods really thought you could go behind my back and kill Eris?!"

"That's it, we're toast," Avalon whispered and I felt the fear coming off her.

"Not yet," Clarissa replied. Her determination flowed through the air. She wasn't going to give up.

"We have to use the spell," Rosalie told us.

"Rose, are you sure you're strong enough for that?" Clarissa asked.

"You nearly collapsed the last time you tried," Avalon noted.

"We don't have a choice," Rosalie replied, "It's the only way we're going to be able to stand up to him. We have to incapacitate him. Just hold him and don't let go."

Clarissa nodded.

"Nemesis, are you okay?" she asked.

"I'm fine," the Goddess of Retribution assured Clarissa.

"Okay, then the four of us will surround Ares and hold him, while Rosalie does her thing," Clarissa declared.

Avalon created a rope out of shadows and wrapped it around Ares' torso. Nemesis trapped Ares' hands with a rope of light. Clarissa made her own rope of shadows and helped Avalon hold Ares' torso. I created a rope made of water and wrapped it around Ares' ankles. The God of War struggled against his restraints and Rosalie began chanting.

As the chanting continued, a large snake made of black fire appeared and coiled itself around Ares.

Ares cried out in pain and dropped to his knees. It was working. We were actually going to do this! We were going to succeed in weakening Ares. We were going to defeat the God of War!

Ares struggled with his restraints and desperately tried to break free.

The more he struggled, the harder it became to hold on.

"Don't let go!" Clarissa called out.

We all struggled to hold on and Rosalie kept chanting. More black snakes curled around Ares and burned him. He screamed and eventually let out a shockwave that sent us all flying backward.

I got up off the floor and turned to look at Ares. He rose up off the ground, using his sword to support himself.

"You...pathetic demigods," Ares choked out, "Is...is that...all you got?!"

"Go ahead Ares," Clarissa challenged, "Hit me. Give it your best shot."

Ares tried to create a ball of fire to throw at Clarissa, but the flames fizzled in his hand.

"What's this?" Ares gasped before turning to Rosalie. There was fear in his eyes as he looked at her. "What did you do?!" he demanded.

"I weakened you," Rosalie replied, "You're too weak to fight us now."

"It's time to surrender, Ares," Clarissa told him, "It's time to face Hera on Olympus."

"Not a chance," Ares growled before vanishing.