Chapter 9

Chapter 9

The next three weeks passed in very much the same manner, and I had never been so happy, despite the fact that every night ended with me begging and him telling me all of the reasons why we shouldn't. And his mouth driving me to new heights of desperation all the while.

While we were in school, he ignored the strange looks that his peers gave us, and I ignored the rumor mills begging to aim in our direction. Micah ignored everyone right along with us, and not one day went by when he didn't say how happy he was for us.

The weekend before Colin's birthday, I had my plan of action worked out. By Wednesday, I had his mother's unwitting cooperation and phase one was complete. On Thursday afternoon, we were nearly a block from my house when I told him to turn around and go to his place. He shot a completely bewildered glance at me, and then parked on the side of the street. He knew something was going on! That was the only thought that would fully process through my brain at that moment, but I kept my composure and acted normal.

“Why would we not go to your house?” Colin's raised eyebrow told me he was suspicious, and this time with good reason. I set phase two into motion as I laid a hand on his thigh, hoping he'd take the hint. I knew that I wasn't being too subtle when his breath came out in a drawn hiss.

“I'm spending the night at Micah's and I'm going straight over there after school, so there's no need to go to my house. We can go to yours now.” I smiled in what I hoped was a sexy manner, but it just felt awkward. He must have found my expression to be cute, because he laughed softly and began to turn around, his Mustang suddenly barreling down the street back toward his house.

“What are we gonna tell my mom?” Colin looked as though he was sure that he had me there.

“She's not there. She's on a girl's night out, because you're having a boy's night in. So, we're good.”

“Who's coming over? Micah?” Colin sounded a bit distracted, but his driving was obviously fine.

“No.” I said, trying not to sound predatory, and nearly laughed at the thought, since he was the elder of the two of us.

“So then, what are . . .? Oh. Oh, I see. OH. Really?”

“Yeah, really.” I tried to keep myself rooted in my seat, because Micah and I had talked over the finer points of my plan, and he'd made it perfectly clear that subtlety was key. Raping him in the front seat of his car did not classify as subtle.

“Well, we're here.”

I thought it was adorable that he actually sounded a bit nervous. I tried to stay as calm as possible, but it really didn't work. I was wrapped around him before he'd even finished pulling my bags from his car. He actually carried me the whole way and didn't seem to mind the extra weight pulling at him.

“Slow down, Speedy. Just breathe. We'll get there.” Colin reassured me as he set me down on his porch long enough to unlock the door, and then I was back in his arms again, more than ready for whatever was about to happen. I couldn't even speak, I just needed him.

“Tabs, wait. Just let me get inside first. I just need to- Ow!” Colin's shin bounced off of the coffee table in the living room, and I forced myself to back down again. He kissed me again before we continued on the path to his room. He stopped in the hallway between his room and the kitchen.

I watched as he reached to the top of the cabinet and grabbed a key. I furrowed my eyebrows in confusion until he unlocked the cabinet's polished oak doors. He opened it wide and selected another bottle of that delectable Jack Daniels, and then he locked the cabinet again, replacing the key.