Epilogue

Epilogue

I gave birth to a blonde haired, blue eyed baby boy the following spring, and I was struck by how much he looked like Colin, and Mackenzie adored him from the moment she first laid eyes on him. We named him Devon Mathew Seaver, and he was just as held, and loved, and spoiled as his big sister had been.

By the time I was carrying our third child, Mackenzie had become my little helper, Devon had become my traveling escape artist, and both of them knew Colin, Chris, and Jared simply as Daddy. They didn't mind having three grown men fawn after them.

I had Daniella Charlotte Marshall a few days after Valentine's Day the year I became twenty-six. Her face looked just like Mackenzie's, but she had my hair and Chris' mischievous green eyes. We had become a wonderful family, and I couldn't imagine my life without them.

It was the following Christmas when Micah came to me, asking for a favor that sounded so small, but was the biggest thing that could ever be asked of any woman.

“I don't want you to make a decision yet, but I want you to be the mother of my baby,” Micah said, exhaling after he said it, glad to have the words out.

“What?” I asked, completely caught off guard by him.

“You're a wonderful mom, and you make absolutely beautiful and healthy babies. Bryan and I want kids, and we couldn't think of anyone else that we'd rather have be the mother of our children. Besides, you're my best friend, so it just kinda seemed like the logical choice.”

I felt a bit awkward at first, but I agreed to do it. He had always been there for me, and the more I thought about it, the more I wanted to do it. We went to a doctor where I was artificially inseminated with Micah's sperm cells.

Nine months after that doctor's visit, I gave birth via Cesarean to triplets. A girl and two boys, and all of them looked like Micah with my hair and eyes. Each of us, Bryan, Micah, and myself, picked a name for one of the babies. They let me name the girl, since Micah had named my daughter.

I named her Madison Taylor Montgomery Brooks, and the boys were named Adam James Montgomery Brooks and Seth Christian Montgomery Brooks. Micah and Bryan were wonderful fathers and rarely needed my help, but they never forgot that those were my babies, as well.

I ended up giving all three of my men one more child each, and I'm now thirty-seven. Colin and Jared are both forty-one, Chris, Bryan, and Micah are all thirty-nine, and we're all still blissfully happy. Our nine children range from sixteen to two, and they are all happy, healthy, and well adjusted. They are loved, and we are all blessed.

I made many foolish decisions in my life, and I may not have followed a set moral blueprint, but I've loved with all of my heart and lived with no regrets. So I refuse to apologize to anyone for a minute of it. We’ve endured pain, loss, heartbreak, sacrifice. We’ve known love, joy, contentment and happiness. We’ve made our life, and so we live it, and we’re happy to do so. End of story.

~~~~~~~~~~

A/N: So that's that. At least until book 2. Comment, vote and what not. Much love, LG