Chapter 14

Chapter 14

I debated whether or not to answer the door, but I knew that he knew I was in here. And I knew it was him on the other side, persistently beating on the frame now. I stood next to the door, listening to him knock louder and louder.

“What, boy?” I yelled as I opened the door, trying to sound as angry as possible so it would hide my excitement. I was momentarily awe struck by his sheer attractiveness, and then his mouth was on mine, moving with fervor that I hadn't known existed.

“Wanna tell me that name yet?” He asked when he pulled back, leaving me standing there, breathing hard and unable to focus on anything but his mouth. I decided; Why not? And I grabbed the front of his shirt, pulling him the rest of the way inside and slamming the door behind him.

“Tabitha.” I said breathlessly, and then I jumped into his arms, pouncing on him with a ferocity that I hadn't known myself to be capable of. He kissed me back, though his eyes did go a bit wide with surprise for an instant. He stumbled back, somehow landing on the couch, and his shirt was off before he even had time to lean back into the sofa.

His belt flew across the room, landing somewhere near the kitchen, and neither of us cared one bit. I practically ripped my own shirt off, and for some reason, I felt no shame in baring myself to him. It was almost as if I'd known him forever, and I didn't even know his name. And at that moment, I didn't even care.

His pants wouldn't come off with me in his lap, so I stood long enough to pull his jeans down to the shoes he was wearing. I didn't have the time to wait for him untie his laces, and apparently, he agreed. His hands ripped my shorts off so roughly that the button flew off and bounced off of his chest, rolling to some forgettable spot under the couch. He pulled me back into his lap, all the clothes that had been between us now gone.

By the time Micah walked in the apartment a few hours later, we'd moved to my room. I decided to cut things short when I heard Micah remarking to himself about the smells in the air.

“Who is that?”

“He's my roommate.”I said, looking for something to wear.

“You mean boyfriend?”He asked, rolling his eyes at me. He began pulling his jeans on when I turned to look at him.

“If by boyfriend you mean gay best friend, then yes.” I replied, smirking with satisfaction as his smug expression fell. He stood up and pulled me to him, kissing me in that rough, yet teasing manner that I was already falling for.

“By the way, Red. My name's Chris.”

I smiled up at him, realizing for the first time just how much taller than me he was. I noticed he was definitely taller than Colin had been. I had a split second where I simply thought to myself: I could definitely get used to this.

When I stepped out of the room, I could already see that Micah was practically bursting at the seams with his questions. He actually looked happier and more excited than I felt.

“Tell me. Who is he? Where is he? Is he hot? And does he have a gay brother?” Micah was grilling me like a steak before I'd even made it to the living room, where I noticed most of Chris' clothes still laying around. I didn't notice that Chris had meandered into the room, wearing his jeans, but nothing else.

“Micah?”

“Do I know-”Micah's eyes got huge, and he looked over at me, then to Chris, and back at me. He suddenly seemed to be in on a joke that I was oblivious to. He continued after a long moment, “Chris? Chris Marshall? Where the hell did you come from? Tabs, didn't you-”

“Tabs? TABS?! Oh God, where's Colin?” Chris suddenly looked downright scared. I was in complete shock, suddenly realizing where I knew those green eyes, remembering that long ago night when I'd woken up in the hospital, and he'd been next to me in my bed. Suddenly I was staring at the teenage friend that we'd all had ripped away from us, and now I'd just had really dirty, kinky sex with that friend.