~One~

~Third Person P.O.V~

A/N So in this fanfic I changed their ages...again. Lance is the oldest out of all his siblings, Rachel, Veronica, Marco, Luis, Sylvio, and Nadia. In the show Rachel is Lance's sister in law, and Nadia and Sylvio are his niece and nephew. But it's a fanfic...and this is how I wanted it to be. 

Rachel: 15~ Veronica: 14~ Marco and Luis: 12~ Sylvio and Nadia: 5~ Lance: 17

Lance shook his head repeatedly, on the verge of tears by that point.

He knew this day would come, but he thought he would have talked his mother out of it. But he didn't. She was way too stubborn, besides...she already purchased the plane ticket four weeks in advance. 

There were at the airport, Rosa, Lance's mother, padding away at the stray tears that leaked down Lance's cheeks. He didn't want to leave.

"Sé que parece difícil ahora mismo hijo, pero el año escolar pasará más rápido de lo que hubieras pensado. Esto será bueno para ti cariño... Sé que lo hará." She cooed, peppering his cheeks with motherly kisses. 'I know it sounds difficult right now, son, but the school year will pass faster than you would have thought. This will be good for you, honey... I know you will.'

The young Cuban scoffed, angrily wiping away more loose tears. "No quiero ir mamá." Lance mumbled weakly, his grip on the handle of his suitcase tightening. 'I don't want to go mom.'

"Lance," Rosa whispers- switching to English, "I've talked to your exchange family in America. They seem like nice people, they even have a son around your age- this'll be good for you to get out of your shell. Ronnie wouldn't want that-"

"Don't tell me what Veronica would've and wouldn't have wanted!" Lance snapped his accent laying on thick, he immediately regretted it afterwards. It was just hard...hearing his little sisters name. "Lo siento." He apologized quickly. 

Rosa shook her head, a solemn smile evident on her thin lips. "It's okay...I know it's hard mi hijo- but  por favor, just give it a chance. Okay?" She pleaded, taking one last look behind him where the other passengers were boarding the plane.

Lance lets out a defeated sigh motioning for his siblings, who were off to the side, to come give him a hug.

Rachel squeezed Lance tightly, getting on her tip toes to plant a small kiss on his cheek. "Sé bueno, ¿de acuerdo? No te pierdas los problemas, Lance." She whispered in his ear, giving him a pat on the back. 'Be good, okay? Stay out of trouble Lance.'

He nods his head weakly, sending her a toothy smile.

Marco and Luis come racing towards him, nearly casing him to fall in the process.

"Puedes meternos en tu maleta. Entonces no estaremos separados." Marco suggested sneakily, fighting off a few tears. Luis nodded at his twin's suggestion, looking at his older brother with pleading eyes. 'You can sneak us in your suitcase. So then we won't be apart.'

Lance chuckled softly, shaking his head 'No' as he stared at the two.

"Papá va a trabajar mucho, así que ustedes dos serán los hombres de la casa mientras yo no esté. Tú te encargas de cuidar de Sylvio y Nadia por mí, ¿de acuerdo? Y no le des a mamá un mal rato... Por favor." Lance said, ruffling their hair. 'Dad's going to be at work a lot, so you two are going to be the men of the house while I'm gone. You're in charge of taking care of Sylvio and Nadia for me, okay? And don't give mom a hard time...please.'

They both sighed, but nodded their head nevertheless- they were going to try their hardest to make their older brother proud while he was in America.