~Eight~

~Third Person P.O.V~

It was Saturday, and instead of lounging around and doing nothing all day like the two boys had planned- they were studying and tutoring each other.

"No, no- Keith it was the Visigoths! The Visigoths attacked Rome in 410 A.D!" Lance sighed, Keith angrily throwing his pencil across the room.

"Fuck it, I'm never going to get this shit! There's way too much to remember!" Keith groaned, rolling over on his stomach to look at Lance. 

He had been paying attention to Lance a lot that evening, and something just wasn't sitting right with him. In History class, Lance would be fine as the teacher read from the textbook-

"Hey Lance how come you've been asking me to read for you?" Keith asked, trying to test a theory of his.

"Because my grade in English is and F?" Lance said, looking at Keith with wide, questioning eyes.

Rolling his gray orbs, Keith glances at Lance intensely. "Yeah no shit, but when you were trying to read from the book earlier you kept squinting...do you need glasses man?" Keith pried, moving so he was on his hands and knees- staring into Lance ocean blue eyes now.

"I- I uhm- I don't know." Lance stuttered, his face slowly heating up at how close in proximity Keith was to him right now.

Keith backed up, grabbing a random piece of paper and a pencil and placing it down in front of the Cuban.

"Write down your ABC's...you do know your ABC's right?" Keith asked, shifting his right brow upwards.

Lance nodded, grabbing the pencil and began writing- the raven haired male noticed how much Lance squinted as he wrote, but just made mental observations of it. After two painfully long minutes, Lance had finished.

Quickly, Keith got up taking the paper with him and backing up into the corner of the room by the door. His bed wasn't too far away from where he stood, and where Lance sat he should be able to read his writing.

Keith randomly points to a letter on the paper, watching as Lance easily reads out every one of them. Little by little he inches closer to the taller male, and with each step it becomes clearer and clearer that Lance can't see it.

"Holy shit I need glasses!" Lance exclaims, his hands finding themselves entwined with his brunet hair.

"Yeah, no kidding captain obvious. If I'm not mistaken...you might be farsighted, like Christopher." Keith murmured, still intently gazing at Lance.

"It doesn't matter...glasses are expensive as shit, how the hell am I gonna pay for them!" Lance groaned, it took his family at least a year to save up enough money to buy Rachel and Veronica glasses.

Abruptly, Keith grabs Lance's arm and drags him down stairs- determination shining brightly in his usually dull eyes.

"Mom! I found the source of Lance's problem!" Keith shouted, a smug smirk on his face as Lance quietly protested.

Krolia turned to glance at her son, lifting a curious eyebrow which prompted him to continue.

"The little fucker needs glasses!" Keith explained, earning a hard jab to the ribs from Lance.

"First of all, language." Krolia muttered, "And second of all, how do you know that?" 

It's not that Krolia didn't trust her son's judgment, she was just curious as to how he figured it all out. She never would have guessed the Cuban teen needed glasses.

Keith smirked, his small, little discovery was something he hadn't realized he would be this proud of. Pulling the folded piece of paper from his pocket, Keith holds it up to Lance- making sure to keep his distance as Lance read the letters aloud. Like the first time in the room, the closer Keith got the harder it became for Lance to see.

"Well fuck." Krolia muttered, just loud enough for both of the teens to hear.

"Language!" Keith snapped, a teasing smile on his face.

Krolia pursed her lips, shooting her raven haired son a sharp glare. Getting up she walks over to Lance, cupping his face in her hands as she inspects him. 

"Okay," She breathes out, "I'll schedule an appointment with the eye doctor and uhm- let your folks know!"

Lance gaped at her, looking back and forth in between both of the Kogane's like they were crazy. "My family can't afford that!" He protested, shooting them both look of shock and confusion.

"Well lucky for you," Krolia starts, rummaging around the living room. "We can! It's nothing, really Lance, me and my husband are more than happy to do this for you." She reassured, planting a motherly kiss on his cheek- giving it a soft pat before heading out the door.

"See? We've got your back McClain!" Keith beamed, giving Lance a playful punch on the arm.

The brunet sighed, he couldn't help but feel a small twinge of guilt over it. But nevertheless, he felt eternally grateful for it, the Kogane's have been nothing but helpful ever since he's got there. He'd have to remind himself to thank his mother for all of this when he got back home.

-----------------------

*One week time skip* I honestly don't remember the specifics of the eye doctor thing, I have glasses, so I'm just bullshitting my way through all of this (please don't come at me in the comments XD)

So going to the eye doctor was scary as shit.

Lance had tucked Nadia's teddy bear into his hoodie, subconsciously fiddling with the short faux hairs it had. A newly formed habit he had discovered since he first came to America. The doctor was nice, it's just all the tests he had put Lance through that made everything uncomfortable.

"Well, based off the test results...Mr. McClain here has Hyperopia, or better known as 'Farsighted'." The doctor explained, confirming Keith's suspicions to a tee.

"Told you!" Keith whispered, earning a smack to the back of the head from Lance.

"Yeah, yeah, you can brag about this later Macho Man." Lance chuckled, watching as the doctor pulled Krolia off to the side. Most likely to talk about prices for glasses.

Keith sat down on the bench next to Lance, bumping his shoulder against the taller teen's. "You okay?" He asked, noticing how fidgety Lance has been.

"Yeah just...I guess I kind of feel- como se dice? Guilty. I feel guilty." Lance sighed, dropping his face into his hands.

This took Keith aback for a few moments, why did he feel guilty? Keith couldn't come up with any possible reasoning behind his comment.

"What- why?" Keith asked, letting out a breathy, humorless chuckle.

"It's almost been two months Keith, two months! And here your mother is...buying me glasses! You shouldn't be doing this- I...I'm really not worth the trouble-"

Keith quickly clasped his hand over Lance's mouth, using his other hand to firmly grip his jaw- looking him dead in the eyes. "Don't you dare finish that sentence Lance. Yeah...you're right we haven't known you for long- but wo gives a shit?! We want to help you, and besides how the hell are you supposed to get work done if you can barely see?" Keith said sternly.

The brunet stared at him, blue eyes going wide as he continued to gaze at the pair of silver ones in front of him.

Slowly, Keith lowered his hand letting it fall limp onto Lance's knee. It had slowly dawned on him how close in proximity they had gotten, the raven haired teen could feel Lance's cool breath fanning onto his face.

A bright blush crept onto Keith's features, he pulled back as he cleared his throat- both of them looking away awkwardly.

"Thanks...Keith." Lance whispered after a few minutes of silence, he sends him a warm smile.

"Don't- don't mention it."

Hello Cricket Cultists!!

I am very sorry for the late update! My parents have been on my ass ever since Friday and it's really starting to piss me off! So I haven't had that much time to actually sit down and write. Anywho, I always liked the idea that Lance needs glasses soooo yeah!

Until we meet again!!!