~Two~

~Third Person P.O.V~

The car ride was silent, uncomfortable silence at that.

Old school music filled the car with a soft hum, Krolia quietly sung along to the words that Lance barely understood. 

His mother had put him and his siblings in English classes ever since they could talk, she wanted them to be ready for whatever career choice they chose. Lance knew English, yes, but he still had some difficulties with the language. Especially when it came to spelling.

Lance pulled out his phone, holding down the side button until it came on with a dulled glow. He checked a few notifications, nothing too major- just some social media apps.  

It was six o'clock in California, meaning it was 9 o'clock in Cuba at the moment. He quickly went to his contacts, clicking on his mother's icon to call.

"Hola! ¿Cómo estuvo tu vuelo cariño? ¿Dónde estás?" Rosa's voice rang on the other end, her tone filled with curiosity and exhaustion. 'Hello! How was your flight honey? Where are you now?'

"Mi vuelo era bueno, agotador... pero bueno supongo. Estoy en el coche ahora mismo, el Kogane parece... Amable. ¿Cómo están las cosas en casa?" Lance asked, leaning back into the cushions of the seat. 'My flight was good, tiring...but good I guess. I'm in the car right now, the Kogane's seem...friendly. How're things back home?'

He heard his mother sigh, letting out a few phrases in Spanish spill from her mouth. "Nadia and Sylvio are taking you leaving the hardest right now, they wouldn't go to sleep last night until midnight." Rosa groaned, her accent heavy as she switched to English.

Lance let out a hefty sigh, he had expected the younger set of twins to have struggles to this whole ordeal. He was the one who put the two to sleep, and has been ever since they could crawl. His hand subconsciously reached for the tattered stuffed animal his stuffed in his backpack.

"Put the on the phone." He instructed quietly.

There was a few muffled movements as well as some squealing, from Rachel he guessed.

"¿Quién es?" He heard Sylvio's faint question. 'Who is it?'

"Tu hermano, ve a buscar a Nadia y dile que Lance está al teléfono." Rosa said, Lance could hear his brother's excited shouts and footsteps departing- only to come back with a second pair a few moments later. 'Your brother, go get Nadia and tell her Lance is on the phone.'

Placing the phone down, Rosa turned it on speaker phone for the two children- watching in amusement as they had looks of delight adorning their faces.

"Hola Lancey!" Nadia beamed, letting out a soft giggle.

"¿Cómo estás? ¿Es bonito donde estás ahora?" Sylvio asked, lightly bouncing on his hands and knees on the bed he and his sister sat on. 'How are you? Is it pretty where you are right now?'

Lance chuckled, his eyes trailing off to the window as he drank in all of California's wonders and beauty.

"Sí, es muy bonito por aquí. ¿Cómo es que ustedes dos le han estado haciendo pasar un mal rato a mamá, hm? Lance asked, cocking an eyebrow, even though they couldn't see. 'Yeah, it's real pretty over here. How come you two have been giving mom a hard time, hm?'

He heard them sigh, mumbling a few things to each other before answering.

Nadia bit the inside of her cheek. "It's hard to go to sleep without you here..." She sniffed, her throat swelling as she felt tears prick her wide eyes.

Lance groaned, a bittersweet smile twisting onto his mouth. "I know, cariño, I know. But can you two try...for me?" He asked sweetly, knowing the two should have been in bed thirty minutes ago,