~Eighteen~(Mistletoe... brought to you by Krolia and Rosa)

~Third Person P.O.V~ *Christmas Eve*

Ever since Thanksgiving things have been... on edge to say the least. Ricardo would get the occasional glares from Rachel, the cold shoulder from his wife, and Lydia... she just flat out threatens him most of the time. Lance chose to ignore him completely, he just wanted to enjoy the time he had with his siblings before they left next week.

The house practically screamed Christmas, it honestly looked like an elf threw up in there. Their tree was large, standing tall and proud in the corner of the living room by the fireplace. Ornaments adorned every nook and cranny, streamers and twinkling lights going with it.

They hadn't put the star on yet, which was something they'd do before they all went to bed. 

Lance popped a few pieces of popcorn in his mouth as his eyes stayed trained on the TV. Everybody, excluding the adults, were all curled in the living room watching Christmas movies. Home Alone was currently on. 

"How the fuck did this little boy set up all these booby traps, yet I could barely tie my shoes at his age?" Lance snorted, resulting in everyone laughing yet shushing him at the same time.

"It's because of the plot babe, just- just don't question it." Keith murmured with a soft chuckle, reaching over to take some of Lance's popcorn.

"But it doesn't make any sense-"

"Don't. Question. Plot." Keith chuckles. (Me whenever I'm writing and get a comment saying, "But Cricket that doesn't make any sense!")   

Letting out a quiet groan the Lance throws his head back, something in the kitchen catching his eyes. He turns himself around on the couch, feeling behind him for his glasses.

"Holy shit..." Lance whispered, narrowing his eyes on the object laying on the table. It was a black velvety box, which was cracked open- revealing a small ring nestled in between the box's cushions.

"Lance what are you looking-" Keith's question died in his throat as his eyes traveled Lance's gaze, his breath hitching in the back of his throat. "I think- I think that's Adam's."

Blue eyes widening and mouth stretching into a smile, Lance's eyes quickly flicker to Keith. "Shiro's going to propose?!" He whispered, switching his stare back onto the box.

Keith eagerly nodded, resting his chin on the Cuban's shoulder. "I think I heard him talking about it to someone on the phone... holy shit my brother's getting married." Keith breathed out, just then- Shiro walked into the kitchen, taking the box and pocketing it securely.

Walking out into the living room the duel haired adult takes notice of his brother and brother's boyfriend. "Uhm... you guys saw the ring didn't you?" Shiro sighed, raising an eyebrow.

The two both nod, Lance pressing his lips into a thin line as Keith just smiles brightly.

"When are you going to pop the question?" Keith queried, taking his bottom lip in between his canines. "Today?"

Shiro lets out a controlled breath, nodding his head nervously as his dark eyes switching from the two teen's to the door anxiously. "He's supposed to be here any minute... Damn it I'm nervous as hell!" He groans, blowing air into his hands.

"You'll be fine Shiro." Lance hummed, playfully punching the young adult's shoulder. "Just... just tell him how you feel before doing the whole 'Getting down on one knee' thing."

There was a light knock on the door, making Shiro's heart lurch in his throat- beating like a bongo drum. 

"Wish me luck..." He mutters.