~Twelve~ (*Laughs In Author* Angst... I. Love. It.)

~Third Person P.O.V~

Lance groaned as he heard faint clatter emitting from downstairs, rolling over he buries his face into warmth- only to soon hear a muffled heartbeat. His eyes shoot open, slowly he rises his head to find Keith scrolling through his phone while his other hand was wrapped around Lance's waist.

"Morning sleepyhead, I though you'd never wake up." Keith jokes, taking a gulp from his glass of water on the nightstand.

"I- I'm sorry, you should have woken me up! I didn't know-" Lance was cut off by the raven haired boy, his piercing eyes burning into Lance's intensely.

The brunet raised a questioning eyebrow, his hand reaching behind him to get his glasses. "Something... wrong?" Lance asked slowly, completely sitting up now with his back against the headboard.

"How'd you get the scar?" Keith questioned, pointing to Lance's clothed abdomen.

He froze. Not knowing what to say nor what to do. How did Keith even find out about it? Lance let out a shaky breath, slowly shaking his head. "I- I can't tell you..." Lance whispered, his voice beginning to sound brittle.

"And why the hell not?" Keith pressed, crawling so he was hovering over Lance- trying to minimize his chances of escaping before he even got an answer.

"Because you'll look at me differently- Keith you're the first friend I made here... I don't want to lose that." Lance sighed, trying to slip away only for Keith to push him onto the bed so he way laying on his back.

"I'm not letting you get up until I get an answer... that's a big ass scar Lance. And how you're acting right now isn't helping my suspicion." Keith said, never breaking eye contact with the boy.

Lance's clear eyes glossed over for a few moments, that is until the liquid slowly drained back down- leaving only a small trace of tiny droplets residing on his eyelashes.

~Flashback Time~

Veronica giggled like a madman in her seat as they reached the parking lot, they were going to the beach today. Her short hair was twisted into two low ponytails, curling around her neck.

"Look Lancey! I can see the reef from here!" Veronica exclaimed, excitedly pointing out her window.

"Sí, se ve muy bonito desde aquí. ¿Correrte hacia eso?" Lance challenged, already taking of his seat belt to give himself of head start. 'Yeah, it looks so pretty from here. Race you to it?'

Rachel rolled her eyes at the two, fixing her bun in the rear view mirror- much to her father's annoyance who was using it to back up.

"Lance, quiero que te lleves a los gemelos contigo y Veronica. Y asegúrese de que usen sus flotadores." Rosa said, motioning her hand to Nadia and Sylvio who were in their car seats next to Marco and Luis. 'Lance I want you to take the twins with you and Veronica. And make sure they wear their floats.'

The brunet teen let out a playful groan,  reaching past Marco and Luis and fixing Nadia's hair.

As soon as Ricardo, their dad, unlocked the door Lance and Rachel booked it for the water- their mother and other siblings shouting protests out to them. Just as it looked like Lance was about to win he slowed down, watching in delight as a look of triumph crossed his little sister's face.

"Haha I won Lancey!" Veronica cheered, jumping up and down with her arms extended upward.

Lance just smiles at her, slinging his arm around her shoulder. Just then, little Nadia and Sylvio came running down towards them- floats in hand.