~Fifteen~(Get The Fuck Outta Here Lance's Dad!)

~Third Person P.O.V~

Lance stiffened as his father walked in. Ricardo's black clunky boots reverberating on the wood flooring, leaving crumbs of mud every now and then. He was a tall burly man, unlike Lance's mother his complexion was a caramel tan- just like Lance's. Ricardo had the same sparkling blue eyes like most of his children, a few wrinkles adorning the outer rims of his orbs. His brunet hair was messy and wild, graying in a few certain areas.

"Hello Lance." He greeted cordially, obviously uncomfortable.

Lance just nodded his head, keeping his expression hard and stoic. "Hey dad... didn't expect to see you here." Lance said curtly, secretly grabbing Keith's hand under the table- just an action to calm himself before he said something he'd regret.

"Oh? And why is that?" Ricardo shot back, raising a quizzical eyebrow.

"I don't know maybe because you haven't been home for any holiday's in the past nine years..." Rachel muttered under her breath, just loud enough for everyone at the table to hear.

Rosa smacked her daughter's shoulder, giving her a scolding look as Rachel just rolled her eyes- yet earning a hybrid expression of amusement and approval from her older brother.

"Hm- say something Rach?" Ricardo asked, hanging up his coat.

"Nope. Nothing!"

Krolia cleared her throat, quickly getting out of her seat to shake Ricardo's hand. "I'm Krolia, you spoke with my husband over the phone. It's so good to finally meet you!" She beamed, trying to dissolve the prominent rising tension building up in the room.

"Ah right, nice to meet you as well. Are you both sure me and my wife can't pay for-" Ricardo started, only to be briskly shut off.

"Nonsense! Me and my husband are paying and that's final." Krolia said stubbornly, sending the man a soft smile. "It's the least we could do for Lance- he's been so helpful around here."

"Really?"

Lance scoffed, tightly folding his arms around his chest. "You sound surprised dad." He mused, his tone strained as he spoke.

Rachel kicked Lance under the table, shooting him a look as if to say 'enough'. He sighed, running his tongue across his teeth in irritation before walking out of the room with a huff.

"I'm just gonna..." Keith chuckled awkwardly, "Be anywhere but here."

-------------

"I mean... who the hell does he think he is?! After all these years- what he finally decides to step in and be a present father rather than drowning himself in his work?" Lance scoffed, pacing back and forth in his room as Keith nodded his head- just there to let him get his emotions out. 

"It's bullshit if you ask me Keith!" Lance's accent was especially thick at the moment, the raven haired male noticed it only got like that whenever his emotions went haywire.

"Mhm. Complete and utter bullshit." Keith said, nodding his head- the brunet snapped his cerulean eyes on his boyfriend, a deathly glare gracing his face.

"You don't sound like you care!" Lance growled, he wasn't really mad at Keith- his emotions were just everywhere at the moment. So every little thing kind of set him off.

The Korean-American sighed, going over to the door and locking it with an audible click. He pivots on his heel, staring the taller male dead in the eyes. "Of course I care Lance, you know that. Look, I know I don't know your dad all too well... but to me it seems like he really is trying."

"And what if he's not?" Lance whispered, gluing his gaze onto the carpet beneath him.

Keith took a step forward, tucking his index finger under Lance's chin and lifting it upwards. "Then who gives a shit about him? That's his problem... because as far as I can tell you and your family are amazing babe." He cooed, wiping away at a few strands of brown hair. "Anyone would be lucky to spend time with you guys."

Lance cracked a toothy grin, planting a soft kiss on Keith's lips. "You always know what to say to make me feel better." He murmured against the boy's lips.

"What can I say McClain- I'm just that good." Keith said with a wink.

"Damn right you are. My Macho Man."

------------------------

If there was one thing Keith has learned in the past ten hours, it's that he absolutely adored Lance's family- Ricardo excluded. Rosa treated Keith as if he were her own son, constantly checking in on him as she and Krolia made preparation for the upcoming holidays.

"Keith, cariño, are you hungry? Me and your mother are stepping out to run some errands- I can always bring you back some food." Rosa said, slipping into her jacket as she quickly kissed Marco's head.

Keith blushed a bit, lightly shaking his head no. "I'm fine ma'am, but thank you." He replied politely, going back to his task of dusting the knickknacks above the fireplace.

"Nonsense! I will make you some food Keith!" Lance's abuela, Lydia, dismissed. Bustling her way into the kitchen to make food for everyone. 

"Oh, you really don't have to-"

"Just give in pretty boy, abuelita is more stubborn than a jackass. You're not getting out of eating." Luis chuckled, smirking at the older boy.

"He's right, which is surprising considering he's almost never right." Lance chuckled, ruffling his brother's inky black hair.

Marco cackled as his twin brother proceeded to attack their older brother, only to fail at each attempt. "You can't be mad at him Louie! It's not his fault you're a dumbass."

"Language!" Rachel scolded, flicking him on the forehead.

"Oh please Rach- you've said worse!" Marco scoffed, tossing his shoe at the teenage girl. "You and Lance!"

"Don't fucking bring me into this!" Lance growled, holding Luis in a headlock.

Luis let out a strained chuckle. "You heard the man... don't fucking bring him into this!" He laughed, only to be tossed onto the couch next to Keith.

"I wonder where they got it from." Keith mused, sending Lance a teasing smile.

--------------------------

*Three days before Thanksgiving*

The McClain's, excluding Lance, were staying at a nearby hotel- a five star hotel to be exact. The plan was for the family to stay all the way until a few days after Christmas, which the Kogane's were adamant that they paid for everything.

Sine Thanksgiving was only a few short days away, everyone around the house was currently busy. Errands were being ran, a few shouts tossed around the house every now and then.

Keith and Lance were currently in the kitchen helping Lydia and Rosa bake, they were doing a few sample runs before they made the real thing. Lance whisked the contents of the bowl effortlessly, all while holding two different conversations with his mother and abuela.

The black haired teen couldn't help but feel a sense of pride fill in the pit of his stomach, watching fondly as his boyfriend's smile widened.

"So, Keith, Rosa tells me you're my Papito's novio." Lydia comments, albeit a smile rests on her face.

 Quirking his head to the side Keith lets out a confused chuckle. "'Novio?'" He asks, not really knowing what the word meant.

"She means boyfriend Macho Man." Lance whispers, pecking the boy's cheek lightly.

"Oh! Then- uhm... yeah! I- I am." Keith exclaims sheepishly.

Lydia claps her hands together, walking over to Keith and placing a kiss on his cheek. "Well I'm glad my Lancey has someone who loves him, romantically of course. But he didn't tell me his boyfriend was so guapo!" She beams.

"I'm sorry- Lance has a what now?!"

Hello Cricket Cultists!!

Sorry if I scared you this morning! I explained everything on my board so uhm yeah! But I'm here and here to stay guys, I promise!

Until we meet again!!!