~Six~

~Third Person P.O.V~

Keith's group of friends were cool, especially Pidge- in Lance's opinion of course. They had been the first to click with each other, it was something about the little gremlin's ability to so damn likeable.

They were all currently at lunch, Lance had managed to survive the first half of the school day without having any problems. Now he'd have to get through the second half. The small group were all talking, Pidge decided it'd be a fun idea to talk in rhymes.

"You can't talk like you're in a Dr. Seuss book forever!" Lance cackled, as Pidge held a smirk on their face.

"I will not give them on a boat." Pidge started, earning more laughs from the others.

Hunk managed to wheeze out. "Pidge. Please. Stop!" He laughed.

"I will not give them in an oak." The non-binary teen chuckled like a madman. "I will not give them here or there."

Keith let out a string of snickers, knowing where they were going with this one. "Pidge I swear to god!"

"I will not give them anywhere! I do not give a fuck you see, now go away and let me be." They finished, by the then the entire table was doubling over in laughter.

Lance's being the loudest out of all of them combined. He couldn't believe he was actually missing out on this for all of his life. For once...having friends didn't seem so bad to him- he might actually like it. The Cuban teen couldn't recall a recent time where he'd laughed so much.

And God did he miss laughing like this.

Popping a fry into her mouth Allura looks at Lance, a scrutinizing gaze being held on him. "So, Lance, tell us something about yourself." She said, snapping all of the attention onto him.

A light shade of pink dusted over Lance's freckles, he looks down trying to cover his blush as best as he could. "What do you want to know?"

"What's it like where you come from? Hey where do you come from?" Hunk asked, his face turning up with innocent curiosity.

"Cuba. It's uhm- it's very beautiful out there. Havana especially, I was born there and lived there for a few years- that is until papa got a job in Camagüey." Lance says, his eyes shining with nothing but pride and lovingness for his country.

Keith smiled to himself, making another mental note of scratching through another layer of Lance.

"You said you have a little sister, Rachel right?" Keith chimed in, tilting his head to the side.

Lance cracked a toothy grin, nodding his head as he thought of all of his siblings. "I have six siblings younger siblings, Rachel, Marco, Luis, Nadia, Sylvio, and...Veronica." Lance said, shaking away at any thoughts of Veronica that tried to pry their way in.

"What're they like?" Hunk asked, him as well as the others being completely interested in what the Cuban was talking about.

"Rachel is...the responsible one, gets straight A's, never stays out late. Marco and Luis are fraternal twins, they're pretty mischievous- always playing pranks on everyone. Then there's Sylvio and Nadia, they're also twins, those two have me wrapped around their tiny little fingers." Lance let out a quiet chuckle, his breath slightly hitching as he knew who came next. "There's Veronica..."

Nobody at the table was stupid, they could see how reluctant he was to talk about his last sister- so they changed the subject. They've all had their fair share of family issues, and seeing as though Lance just met them they knew he'd open up when he was ready.

"Hey can you speak Spanish?" Pidge asked, bouncing in their seat.

Lance nodded, letting a ghost of a smile form onto his lips. "Yeah, better than I speak English. Eres una persona muy rara, Pidge, pero me gusta." He said, watching as the rest of them looked at him in awe. 'You're a very odd person, Pidge, but I like it.'

"Well look at that Keef, now you two have something to bond over!" Pidge exclaimed, turning so they could fill Lance in. "Keith over here can speak another language too! Show him Keith!"

Keith blushed a light tint of red, adorning his pale features ever so slightly. "음, 정확히 무슨 말을 하고 싶니?" He chuckled nervously. Keith never spoke in Korean around his friends much, always feeling a bit self-conscious over the fact that he was the only one fluent in another language. It was nice to have someone around who might have understood that. 'Uhm, what exactly do you want me to say?'

"Korean, right?" Lance asked, earning a nod from Keith. "Rachel is taking classes, I picked up a little bit from her." He smiled, causing Keith to blush a deeper shade of red.

"My father was Korean."

Lance tilted his head, looking a bit perplexed. "Christopher?" His voice was high with doubt and even more confusion.

"Nah, Christopher's my stepdad, the only reason why I have his last name is because he adopted me when he married my mom. My real dad died when I was little." Keith explained, everyone nodding their heads as he spoke.

The blue-eyed teen was taken aback for a bit, stunned that Keith had experienced the loss of a family member. It...comforted him? Knowing that he wasn't the only one. "I'm sorry for your loss." Lance whispered, taking a small sip from his milk carton.

"Eh don't sweat it, it was a long time ago." Keith brushed it off.

---------------------

The second half of the school day sucked.

It sucked ass.

Lance had P.E as his last period, one of the only classes he didn't have with Keith. And thank God he didn't.

They were playing dodgeball, which Lance was good at- like...exceptionally good. Yet there was one, tiny, small, itty-bitty little problem the young Cuban had. It was some asshole named Lotor.

Everyone treated him as if he were some sort of God, like he could walk on water or something, they worshipped Lotor. Now this isn't what Lance had a problem with, he'd come across a few guys and girls who were like this back home- and he always chose to just ignore them. But Lotor? He made it impossible to ignore him, mainly because he wouldn't stop flirting with Lance. 

It started off with a few casual winks thrown in his direction, maybe a couple of blown kisses here and there- nothing too major. But the more Lance ignored, the more persistent the blue-eyed bastard became.

Lance would doge a ball, and there Lotor was giving Lance one of his own to throw at the opposite team. Lance would take a water break, and there Lotor was trying to spark a conversation with him.

The Cuban teen knew a flirt when he seen one, because hey- it takes one to know one. And God damn it was Lotor the most annoying flirts he's ever came into contact with- even Lance knew when enough was enough.

Now see, Lotor was used to getting what he wanted, whoever he wanted, and when he wanted it. And seeing as though Lance showed no interest in him at all...that only made this more fun for him. He saw Lance as a challenge, an enticing, handsome challenge. And he'll be damned is he lost it.

Yet the real question was...how would he win?

Hello Cricket Cultists!!

I know I wasn't supposed to post today but....who gives a fuck? Certainty not me! Y'all are gonna fucking hate Lotor...so I'm sorry.

Until we meet again!!!