~Nine~

~Third Person P.O.V~

"They make me look nerdy!" Lance whined.

Don't get him wrong, he was more than grateful that Krolia had bought him a pair of glasses- he just wasn't used to them. They were black, a bit rectangular, but overall they suited him nicely! Letting himself fall back onto Keith's bed he stares up at the ceiling, lifting his hand in front of him and inspecting it.

For the first time in a long time, he could see things a lot more clearly- like the fact that he also has freckles on his hands. 

Keith snickered from where he sat, folding the last of his clothes and tucking it neatly into one of the bottom drawers. Walking over to where Lance was he pulled the teen up so Lance was sitting up straight, facing Keith.

"You don't look nerdy McClain, the glasses are fine." Keith said, an amused chuckle escaping his lips.

"Says you," Lance mumbled, readjusting his glasses for the fiftieth time. "They feel a bit weird on my face."

Keith sat down next to him, he gaze never leaving the Cuban's face. "You'll get used to it, besides they help you see so..." He trailed off at the end, watching in astonishment as Lance had enthralled himself with his hands.

"Everything is so clear," Lance muttered softly, his eyes flickering up to study Keith's face. A small gasp emitted from the blue eyed teen's mouth.

From far away he could see Keith almost clearly, so Lance had a general idea of how good looking the boy was. But here? Up close with the clearest of vision he had right now? God damn- he'd be crazy not to call Keith beautiful.

"Así que... bonita." Lance whispered, his face flushed a deep red as he thanked God he said it in Spanish. 'So... pretty.'

Keith raised an eyebrow, a hybrid of a half amused- half perplexed smirk tugged the corners of his mouth, lifting it upward. "What does that mean?" He asked, tilting his head to the side as strands of inky hair fell with his head movement.

"I ah- nothing... don't worry about it." Lance stuttered, forcing himself to look away.

"C'mon I wanna know! You're blushing so it must be something embarrassing!" Keith laughed, biting his lip to keep himself from smiling.

Lance blushed even harder, crossing his arms and pouting like a child. "I'm not telling you." He said sheepishly, more hues of red adorning each and every freckle that littered across his face.

"Ah please? I'll do anything!" Keith whined, shacking the side of Lance's body.

"Anything?" Lance mused, raising a devilish eyebrow.

Keith smirked, crossing his arms and matching Lance's raised eyebrow. "Anything." He repeated, curiosity eating away at the base of his stomach.

"Fine. You have to let me look in one of the two forbidden drawers." Lance snickered, watching in pure delight as Keith's face drained of its color.

Gritting his teeth Keith examines the taller boy, as his curiosity grew deeper and deeper Lance's smirk became wider. Gnawing on the inside of his cheek, Keith sighs, finally giving in.

"Okay- but I have to pick which drawer you get to look in!" Keith said, jabbing his index finger into Lance's chest.

"Deal!"

The two held eye contact with each other, neither wanting to go first. So far, Lance was winning their little unspoken match with ease- he would be damned if he went first.

Letting out an aggravated groan, Keith rolls off the bed landing on his knees in front of the dresser. His gray eyes snap back and forth in between the two drawers, deciding on which to choose. Finally, he opens the left one- slightly cracking it so Lance could open it all the way.

Lance looks at the flustered boy on the floor, getting up and taking a small peek inside. In the small compartment a record player laid, an antique one at that. A few vinyl record lay next to it, one of them caught Lance's eyes.

It was his favorite song.

'Put Your Head on My Shoulder'.

By Paul Anka.

On vinyl.

His eyes flicked upwards, a large, toothy grin stretched across his features as ocean blue eyes crashed into sharp gray.

"Can we listen to this one?" Lance asked softly, startling a very flustered Keith who was fiddling with the strings on his sweats.

"Uhm- yeah." Keith breathed out.

Getting up he grabs the record player, gently placing it on the dresser and putting the disc where it went. Lance watched in awe as it began to spin, slowly but surely the opening music began to play.

The young Cuban teen began to sway, closing his eyes as he focused on the music- a soft smile still evident on his full lips. He had completely forgot all about Keith being there, his hips slowly moving from side to side and he mouthed the words.

Then he began singing.

*Italics is Lance singing*

"Put your head on my shoulder. Hold me in your arms, baby. Squeeze me oh-so-tight- Show me that you love me too"

Keith couldn't help smile as Lance's voice filled his ears, drowning out the real singers voice. Never has the Korean-American teen ever heard Lance's voice sound so clear, not a trace of his accent was in earshot as he sung the words perfectly. He became mesmerized by how he sounded, the way he moved, his body moved so fluidly- hips slowly rolling and fingers snapping along to the beat.

"People say that love's a game- A game you just can't win. If there's a way I'll find it somebody. And then this fool will rush in"

Lance's eyes slowly peeled open, he never stopped singing as he held eye contact with Keith- his confidence building as he took notice to the crooked smile on the boy's lips. He motions his hand towards Keith, the other teen gladly it.

And so there they were, slowly dancing around the room. Keith's head laying on Lance's shoulder, their bodies flush together, Lance's hand on the small of Keith's back.

'Damn it- I'm gay for this boy...I have a crush on Lance McClain.'

---------------

Krolia clasped her hand over her mouth, trying to contain her squealing as best as she could as she watched the two boys from the crack in Keith's door. Shiro and Adam were behind the smaller woman, doing the exact same thing as her.

The three had just come home from the store when they were met with the loud music coming from upstairs. Which led to them following it, which led to here. 

Shiro reluctantly pulled out two twenties, handing it to his stepmother and his boyfriend- the two gladly took it.

"How much do you guys want to bet they'll be together by the holidays?" Adam whispered, nudging a few locks of Krolia's hair away from his face.

"Another twenty?" Shiro suggested, a large grin still on his face as he watched his younger brother and Lance dance around the room.

"Let's make it interesting- how about a hundred bucks, as well as the keys to my motorcycle." Krolia smirked, having faith that the boy's would be together before then.

"Deal."

Hello Cricket Cultists!!

This chapter was short, but I just wanted some fluff man! Anywho...what'd you think of it?

Until we meet again!!!