~Seventeen~(Thanksgiving Angst... because we love that shit)

~Third Person P.O.V~ (At this point I only write 'Third Person P.O.V' for the word count XD)

It's been a few days since the incident with Lance's father, whenever his family would come over he and Ricardo didn't speak to one another- unless it was required. Other than that? Not a word spoke between the two.

Rosa was still pissed off with her husband, just like her mother in law she was quite stubborn. And she'll be damned if she talked to him first. No way in hell.

Lance and Keith were setting up the dinner table, with the help of Nadia and Rachel of course.

"Hey Keith?" Nadia piped up, handing the gray eyed teen a clean plate.

"Hm?"

"Can we give you a nickname? We have one for Lance, two actually! Papito, and Lancey!" Nadia exclaims, her and Rachel giving him their best puppy dog eyes- Lance included.

Keith rolled his eyes playfully, pulling his hair into a ponytail. "Fine." He says with a long sigh, but giving the three McClain's a soft smile.

"Oooh, how about Keithy? So we have Lancey, and Keithy!" Rachel suggests, earning looks and gestures of approval from her older brother and younger sister.

"Don't I get a say in this?" Keith raises an amused eyebrow.

"No!" They all exclaim in unison, prompting a groan from the eighteen year old boy.

Lance tapped his chin, as if to seem like he was pondering his sister's suggestion- but his eyes gave him away. Their were practically shining with enthusiasm, causing the cerulean hue to brighten. His eyes flicker to Keith as he smirks.

"Keithy it is then!" He agrees, walking over to kiss Keith's forehead.

--------------------------

Dinner was loud, as to be expected. They had to retrieve a few extra chairs from the garage just to fit all of them at the dinner table. Multiple conversations were going on at once, filling the kitchen up with clamorous chatter as they all spoke. Shiro had decided to spend Thanksgiving with Adam and his family, seeing as though Adam came over last year.

Rachel had finally come downstairs, she had wasted cranberry sauce on her dress prior to. However, she didn't have another clean dress at the moment, so she chose the next best/ most comfortable things she owned.

Ricardo nearly choked on his chicken when his daughter came into view. She had on a pair of gray sweatpants and a white crop top, no one else seemed to be bothered by it- all except him.

"What the hell do you think you're wearing?" Ricardo scoffed, prompting all of the talking to end- all eyes on them now.

"Uhm... clothes?" Rachel snorted, tilting her head to the side.

The older man resisted the urge to roll his blue eyes as he looked his daughter up and down. "No crap Rachel, I mean that baby shirt you're wearing!" 

"My crop top?" She asked, saying each word slowly. "Who cares? It's just a shirt... damn." Rachel scoffs, crossing her arms across her chest.

"Just a- just a shirt? That is not a shirt! That- that doesn't even fit you!" Ricardo shot back, looking at his wife for help.

Rosa just smirked. "What? I think she looks cute, besides that dress looked uncomfortable on her." 

The blue eyed man let out an aggravated huff, placing his napkin down on the table. "Well I don't care. Take it off and put on some more... appropriate clothes." Ricardo demanded.