1

• • •

"Radiotherapy, give me your best shot." Hania asks quickly, giving me an intense look.

I gulp but do not hesitate, "Radiotherapy is a cancer treatment that uses high doses of radiation to kill cancer cells and shrink tumours." I give her a soft smile.

"Wow." She raises her eyebrows, shocked by my response.

A little giggle escapes my lips, "Revision is key." I put my books down on my table, flipping onto the page that we are studying today. Hania scoots away to her seat as the whole class is ready to begin the lesson.

"I heard some girls by Inaya talking about radiotherapy, it is easy and we've done it before but there is no harm to go over it again." Dr Phillips shrugs her shoulders, raising her whiteboard pen onto the board.

I start to take notes in my notebook as I listen carefully, grasping onto each word that comes out of our professor's mouth.

I am Inaya Hussein, your average twenty-year-old girl who is studying medicine and is in their third year. I have two best friends, one being Hania and the other Safa. We've pretty much been together since high school days but us three are on the same journey.

There are a few people who are in this university, who came from my college so I recognise most of them.

"Mr Malik, late once again?" Dr Philips voice alarms me, as I realise I went into my daydream mode. My eyes peek over to the one and only Daniel.

The most popular boy, not to mention the richest within our whole university. The flirtatious and playboy type too, yet every time he walks into a room at least ten girls start twirling their hair in front of him.

I roll my eyes sarcastically, I've never had a really good look at him but I know that I am totally not interested. We haven't spoken since college days - and that was only twice.

He scratches the back of his neck, "About that... I was feeling sick earlier on." He shrugs at our professor before going to sit in his usual seat but that seems to be occupied today.

And the only other seat free is...oh my.

It has to be the one right next to me.

He flashes me a bright smile, to which I ignore before looking down at my notebook reading over my last couple of notes. But my attention doesn't seem to be where it should be. Instead, I am internally stressing over Daniel Malik coming to sit next to me.

"Hi!" Again, another dazzling smile appears on his lips as he puts his rucksack down.

"Hi.." I say quietly to which he tries to look over at my notes.

"Have I met you before?" He asks, raising his eyebrow.

I'm taken aback from his words, he doesn't remember me?

I mean what was I expecting? He's surrounded by endless girls and we only spoke twice to each other. I should not be surprised.

"We used to go to college together." I shuffle a bit away from him.

He notices as he shuffles towards me.

Ugh, I can't win.

He gives me a thinking face and I wait for his response like a stupid girl before I remember we are still in class and I need to focus. However, my eyes decide to have a real good look over him.

He has the perfect charming look which is why everyone is so attracted to him, not to mention the appealing personality. His shirt is tight against his muscles which shows off the number of hours he puts into his workouts. His hair is a perfect mix of light brown and dark. His eyes are brown which are simply stunning in the light whenever he looks up to speak to me.

He's pretty much perfect.

"I know I'm hot." A smirk arises on his lips making me gulp nervously.

Sometimes, I can be so stupid. "I..i was not looking." I lie, to which he raises his eyebrow.

"It happens every day, I know when someone is checking me out." His egoistic attitude shines through, as he flexes his muscles in front of me making me laugh.

His eyebrows raise in surprise, "Wow, you laugh?" He claps his hands in the air making me laugh even more.

Maybe sitting with the charming Daniel Malik isn't that bad as I thought it would be.

- - -

- A/N -

Here's a start to my new story! 🙈
I hoped you enjoyed this chapter.

Next update : Wednesday 8th April 2020