25

• • •

My mother didn't let go of me from then. She clung onto my arm and dragged me to the table, literally.

We sat there for a while, neither of us knowing what to say. I gulp, nervously.

"What's he like?" She asks calmly, holding my hand in hers.

I giggle, at the delicateness right now. A minute ago she was dragging me to the table, now she's holding my hand gently.

She raises her brow, "Funny?"

I nod, she is correct. Daniel has always been funny, he still is and I hope he continues to be.

She grins at the concept, "Tell me more!"

I gulp, "He's smart, kind and caring." Thoughts of Daniel appear on my mind, as I describe him. "He also has a brain of a five year old." I roll my eyes, as his silly pick-up lines come into mind.

"He sounds wonderful." My mother smiles at me, making my heartbeat sound louder than it already is.

"Does he want to get married to you?"

I sigh, "I...don't know." If I'm being totally honest, I really have no clue but if you asked what I want.

I want to be with Daniel for the rest of my life.

She taps her chin for a moment, thinking.

"You haven't spoken about it properly with him, yet?" My mother knows how I am, not wanting to pressurise anyone into anything.

A small smile tugs at the end of my lips, "Everytime I do, something else happens! Which causes the talk of marriage to fade away." I admit.

My mother nods slowly, "Guess I'm going to have to make him sweets from now on too!" She excitedly mentions making me grin happily.

"Really?" I exclaim, she nods in response as I pull my mother in for a tight hug.

I miss my mother loads at university since I don't get to see her often. She means the absolute universe to me.

• • •

It's Saturday evening, I just arrived at Safa's house. We're planning to pick up some food for tonight.

"Who's coming tonight?" I ask Safa, as she grabs her phone checking if Atif is coming or not.

"Atif, Hania obviously and Daniel." She smirks at me making me roll my eyes at her.

Safa's parents work hard constantly, unlike Hania. Both I and Safa are from middle class families. Safa's parents are consistently working to make sure that they can get the best for Safa.

It's the same with my parents, they're always working hard for Yusuf and I.

I am grateful to have parents who care and love their children so much.

"Hellooo!" We hear a familiar voice, as I and Safa launch at Hania, tugging onto her tightly as us three hug each other.

Hania chuckles, as she hugs us back tighter.

"Is there any space for me?" Atif asks, as he walks towards Safa.

Safa nods, laughing as us four hug each other tightly.

As soon as we let go of each other, we head towards the living room as we sit down and I scroll through Netflix.

"Is Daniel going to come?" I ask, concerned.

It's been another half an hour without him here, I've sent him messages but it seems useless as I get no response back.

Atif scratches the back of his neck, as I take a deep breath facing him. Safa seems angry, as she starts texting Daniel too.

Hania furrows her eyebrows, she also texts Daniel asking where he is.

"He just texted me." He gulps. I keep quiet, wanting him to go on. To tell me the message he has received. "He's not coming over tonight." His voice goes flat.

My heart feels as though it stops beating for a moment, "H-he's not coming?"

I try to think of a thousand of excuses that might have came up into his schedule, but all I can think is that tonight I wanted him to be here. Here, so we could speak. Speak about things and open up towards each other.

Safa shoots her eyes at me, "Did he tell you Inaya?"

I shake my head slowly, looking down at the floor.

Hania scoffs, "I understand that he's going through a lot right now, but a simple text would be nice to Inaya."

I hold my head in my hands, "It's fine. I-i'm fine." I choke on my words, almost.

All I can think of is why he isn't here.

Is he hurt, upset or frustrated?

Suddenly, I shoot up grabbing my car keys. "I'll be back. I promise."

Safa and Hania nod understandingly, I look over at Atif to which he nods at me.

The anger boiling inside of me right now, I just want to spit it all out but I can't. I hate that I care this much about Daniel.

He distances himself from me one moment and the next moment he's there for me. It hurts, a lot. I want to be there for him, or is this too much for him to handle?

It's repetitive and tiring, I'd rather be there for him than having to do this all over again.

He breaks me one moment, then brings my hopes all up once again.

Are our worlds too different to be together? That thought has always been there from the beginning when this all started, but I thought he wasn't like that. That he was ready to take on my world and I, I ready to take on his world.

That we do this together, not just him by himself. I can help him, I'm willing to. But all he does is push me away. I don't want him to push me away, but he does.

What is he so afraid of? I will always be there for him and he knows it. Instead, he crushes me and hurts me beyond the limit.

That's what he always does.

Turning on my phone, I dial his phone number. He doesn't answer, as it goes straight to voicemail.

The car's engine turns on as I zoom towards Daniel's house.

- - -

- A/N -

Daniel do be doing some madness though! 🤯

Alsooo, double chapter today! 😏

Next update : Sunday 7th June 2020